Hendrix - Electric Lady Studios Box Set - MONTH DAY, 202?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rjp, Jan 4, 2022.

1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I agree, I never completely bought the story. Could be true, but I would not be surprised if it was an embellishment of some sort.

John Fell likes this.
  2. davies54

davies54 Forum Resident

Going back to the idea of the blu-ray listing of 82 minutes it would comfortably fit on a double album of about 20 minutes each side.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. John Harchar

John Harchar Forum Resident

It may be but there were enough tracks to choose from other than that to use without coming up with a whole story. It had to have been on Eddie’s mind for a reason. It actually isn’t a bad replacement for Room Full of Mirrors since it’s about similar themes (his only friend is the guy in the mirror).

intv7, jeremylr and Travelin Man like this.
  4. John Harchar

It’ll fit, it’s just a matter of how to break down the sides. Just reviewing the Derek & the Dominos live album for the podcast and that album has a bunch of long sides, like 23-24 minutes.

5. SilverBottomSavior

SilverBottomSavior Forum Resident

You should do a podcast about the whole shebang. That would be interesting, unless you are limiting yourself to official albums. The entire mixing session is available in better quality than the album itself!

jhm likes this.
  6. Travelin Man

Travelin Man Forum Resident

It's a really good song with cool sound effects. Since I have been a fan of Cry Of Love since my formative years, I can't imagine it any other way!

7. Travelin Man

Travelin Man Forum Resident

Thanks for this. I'd have to sit down and compare the guitar parts. It's an interesting number that's gone through many changes.

DTK likes this.
  8. John Harchar

It’s part 3 of Clapton’s career during the time Jimi was on the scene, Part 1 dealt with Cream (and Mountain), Part 2 did Blind Faith, Delaney & Bonnie and the solo album. Part 3 will deal with Howlin’ Wolf London Sessions, All Things Must Pass and Derek & the Dominos. Originally intended to just be one hour. Part 3 alone will be almost an hour itself.

SilverBottomSavior likes this.
  9. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Hi I must have missed something up thread even though I follow this fairly frequently. Could someone please point me out to where I can read about the announcement or if it's not an announcement tell me about it that indicates we're getting a new first race with 5.1 and some extra tracks?

10. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

It hasn't been officially announced yet. Some websites leaked the contents but has since been withdrawn.

11. John Harchar

The IMWAN link in post 1 is still there with the (possible) tracklisting including the Blu ray info.

12. bluedemon25

bluedemon25 Me, I'm Just A Lawnmower

Ah okay you mean within this box set right? Sorry my bad I thought you meant there was a yet in additional announced project whether officially or unofficially announced for rays. But you guys mean just as it appears in the big box we've all been talking about right? Sorry must be a brain fart of my part just wanted to double check I'm not missing out on anything.

13. John Harchar

The only thing new that may be related to the Blu ray is the documentary was solicited for sale to streaming sites. No release window but the fact it was in a list of projects that may be available showed that it’s possibly in the relatively near horizon.

Bonddm likes this.
  14. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

It was planned to be shown at MIP TV festival in Cannes last month.

Who’s coming to MIPTV?

'
    Distributor: DCD Rights

Network:

Episodes: 1 x 90

Music docs are big business at the moment and this insider look at a lesser explored area of the life of one of the world’s ultimate guitar icons will likely be a frontrunner for major sales at Mip TV. Experience Hendrix’s production is produced by Hendrix’s sister Janie Hendrix and directed by John McDermott, who has worked on a number of docs about the Purple Haze singer down the years. The 90-minute feature details the creation of Electric Lady Studios in New York, which rose from a bankrupt Greenwich Village nightclub to become a state-of-the-art recording facility drawing artists over the years including Stevie Wonder, Blondie and Adele. With exclusive interviews from people who were present at Electric Lady’s formation, A Jimi Hendrix Vision could capture music enthusiasts and laypeople alike, jumping upon a music doc hype that has reached fever pitch since Peter Jackson’s Get Back. Expect plenty of interested parties willing to take a look at this one.'

15. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Anyone know if the Hendrix Estate has any ownership stake in Electric Lady Studios today or know the ownership history throughout the years?

Wiki mentions the studio was taken over in 2010 by investor Keith Stoltz and studio manager Lee Foster after teetering on insolvency.

kees1954 likes this.
  16. John Harchar

Do we know if it got shown? That’d be a good sign if it was.

kees1954 and melkor_morgoth like this.
  17. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Gavaxeman, Roberto899, DTK and 27 others like this.
  18. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

More looks. Seems like the CD set will be a mini-box like the "Songs For Groovy Children" release.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. tgdon'tmind

tgdon'tmind Lord, Here Comes The Flood

Wish I had seen this when it was up for auction. Only one bid

20. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Don't worry, apparently the LP set got yanked before the sale went through.

21. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

22. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Really, do tell how you are aware of the reason for the hold up is the litigation. Thanks.

23. TBos

TBos Forum Resident

Anyone spotted the typo on this one?

https://www.popsike.com/pix/20221218/175538544357_2.jpg

Disc One, Disc 2, Disc three, ... Probably my OCD, but I cannot stand such errors :)

24. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

saw that when I first saw the image, I doubt it has any bearing on the hold up either :)

25. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

It was reported in an article about the Redding/Mitchell estate case (posted here somewhere) that the estates are only seeking additional compensation related to the first three albums, AYE, Axis and ELL. Given that, it seems highly unlikely that a set containing material from 1970 is being held up by this legal proceeding. I'm not sure why some folks continue to speculate that this case and the boxed set are tied in any way.