Hendrix's Baggy's Rehearsals

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

I just received the latest installment from the Experience's Dagger Records. If you are a fan of the Band of Gypsys period you need to get this disc. These are the band rehearsals prior to the Fillmore East Shows. This is NOT audiophile quality however because it was direct to 2 track at 7 1/2 ips, it has a "real" sound to it. Most of the songs are not the polished versions that you are familar with but venture into a funk/jazzy direction.
    IMO, I very grateful that a lot of the material that has been released via the internet offshoot of Dagger, is being made available. Hopefully they will make the acoustic demos for the Black Gold suite available.

2. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

Tommy, how is the general quality of the music...aesthetic and sound...and the presentation of these Dagger releases ?

Thanks so much.

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

The presentating is excellent most come with informative booklets describing the session or concert, they are professional produced. Sonically they are not commerical release grade. Musically. Well that's another matter I'm a Hendrix fan and have ton's of boots along with multiple pressings. I find them indespensible. Especially note worthy are New Morning Symphony and this one. New Morning.. contains demos of some tracks that were never released. Baggy's is the band exploring the direction that song of these songs could go in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.