Herb Alpert's RISE - re-released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HGN2001, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Wow! Yeah, I guess it was compressed a bit. I've certainly seen worse.

As for "Rise" being a Jazz record, I can't agree. This is instrumental pop...very good instrumental pop, but instrumental pop nonetheless.

Ed

2. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

It's not a pure jazz album but there are lots of improvisation in the way Herb played the trumpet.
    I don't think it can be considered a purely instrumental pop album either.
    It's safe to say that it's somewhere in the middle between jazz and pure pop instrumental.
    There are lots of artists that fall in this category. I can name a few such as Earl Klugh, Bob James, Grover Washington, Jr., Noel Pointer, David Sanborn, Chuck Mangione, Spyro Gyra, Eumir Deodato, George Benson, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, and many more.
    According to Grant, their music are hard to categorize but some people in the 70's called them "jazz fusion."

3. Paddy

Paddy New Member

I have that CD in my hands and while the AM+ logo isn´t printed on the backcover, it is printed on the CD.
    The sound quality doesn´t let me wish for an improvement.

4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

Correct! Pictured below is my original RISE CD (CD 3714, DIDX 3), possibly among the earliest CDs made. You can clearly see the AM+ logo at 3 o'clock:

5. Captain Bacardi

Captain Bacardi Active Member

Ooops! My bad. I didn't look at the CD itself. :magoo:

My CD has a different look on the label. It has the songwriters/publishing credits with the songs, and the AM+ is on the lower right. It's CD 3274.

Capt. Bacardi

6. mozz

mozz Forum Resident

I have "Rise" cd 75021 3274 2 (made in the USA), but it has no AM+ sign nowhere; it has no mastering data, nor any other publishing date, but it seems to be from the 80's.

Does anybody know if it is the same or a different mastering than the AM+?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.