Hidden Tracks (!!! SPOILER ALERT !!!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KurtNevermind, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

We haven't mentioned Weird Al's effort.

2. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Split Enz “Mental Notes” lp ends with a a short end of album track. That was 1975

sharedon likes this.
  3. KurtNevermind

KurtNevermind Kurt Cobain's greatest fan Thread Starter

Isn't this the hidden track that's a parody to Nirvana's "E,N"?

bluedemon25, mschrist and Hep Alien like this.
  4. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

It is.

5. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

That just shows how often he didn't play the whole album, cos if he did he would have heard it every play. It also shows if someone can't get through an album at least once without skipping tracks it can't be very appealing.

6. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

That's the title track. It's listed everywhere.

D.B. likes this.
  7. KurtNevermind

Actually, you're completely wrong. My dad's a big Nirvana fan, too and he listens to "Nevermind" as a whole (except from "Endless") almost every day, without skipping any of the 12 tracks. He just always pressed "stop" after "Something In The Way" ended and never ever even thought to bother at all why his CD player kept running... He as well thought that "October" from U2 on "Best of 80-90" was part of "All I Want Is You" and that the song was intended to have a one-minute break in its middle as some sort of stylistic divice...:laugh: Unlike me, he doesn't care about hidden tracks at all and thinks they're complete rubbish. Eventhough he's a huge music fan and has a big music collection himself, I honestly don't think he knew that something like a hidden track existed before I told him about "E,N"...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  8. KurtNevermind

On most of the versions of Nirvana's "In Utero" it's listed on the backcover as "American Dollar Purchase Incentive Track" as track 13 (eventhough it appears on track 12 after more than 20 minutes of silence after the end of "All Apologies") and is only a normal bonus track, but just found out that there are CD-versions of this fantastic album (my favourite Nirvana album!) on which "Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through The Strip" was included but not at all listed anywhere, neither inside the booklet nore on the backcover, what would actually make this jam a hidden track on these "Editions"...

Hep Alien likes this.
  9. KurtNevermind

There's also the hidden track "Halleluja" on the Japanese versions of Rammstein's "Mutter". It follows after 2 min of silence after "Nebel".

Interestingly some of these CDs that have this hidden track don't work / play if you put them into the CD player...

I've got a copy with the hidden track, luckly it works :agree:

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

My brother had Abbey Road on cassette. Because the sides were of unequal length he wound it on after The End and didn't hear Her Majesty for a couple of weeks.

ARK likes this.
  11. KurtNevermind

What about the hidden 'something' (what ever you want to call it...???) between "Cry Baby Cry" and "Revolution 9" on the Beatles' White Album?

12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's two on Satanic Majesties. Cosmic Christmas at the end of side one and that carnival barker at the start of side two.

Hep Alien likes this.
  13. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

The what, now? I do not believe I am aware of a track between “Cry Baby Cry” and “Revolution 9”...

14. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

Hidden track from Danzig 4

MikeM. likes this.
  15. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Can you take me back where I came from, can you take me back, ooh can you take me where I came from, brother can you take me back

16. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Ha... I hadn’t thought of that as a “track” for some reason.

17. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There's an extended version on the box

phillyal1 likes this.
  18. KurtNevermind

The Beatles titled it "Can You Take Me Back". It's not part of "Cry Baby Cry" nor "Revolution 9", since it was recorded two month after those 2 songs...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Hep Alien and Big Blue like this.
  19. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

The Byrds - "Amazing Grace" on Untitled/Unissued

NudieSuitNezHead and Hep Alien like this.
  20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The 'real' version from the box

Hep Alien likes this.
  21. KurtNevermind

So, it's actually a full song on it's own...? Didn't know that...

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Is this where The Who got "Coke after Coke?" Or was that phrase common to other 60s Coke ads? The New Seekers one is the earliest one I remember, funnily enough, from toddlerhood.

(Speaking of hidden tracks.... That deluxe Sell Out has one, Armenia's backwards guitar track.)

Hep Alien likes this.
  23. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yeah, I get that it’s not part of the song “Cry Baby Cry” but since it’s on the end of that track, it hadn’t registered in my mind as its own track to consider “hidden”... but I suppose it is!

KurtNevermind likes this.
  24. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Just spun this the other day. It's fun to wait for & recognize the line that starts the classic White Album coda.

D.B. and Mylene like this.
  25. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

It has no title on LP, and never did, and it wasn't a separated as a track on the LP or on the CD. It was initially thought of as a coda to Cry Baby Cry for years. Until the fuller version was discovered in the 1980s or 1990s.
    The story I have heard repeatedly over the years is was stuck on as a joke by an an engineer, IIRC.
    Without the fabs even knowing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.