Hilariously innacurrate advertising - Post your examples.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Strat-Mangler, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helom

Helom Forum member

The shells do hold up surprisingly well inside an MRE in the desert.

2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

When M&M's were first invented, they were not available to the general public for purchase.

They were invented so that soldiers fighting in WWII could enjoy chocolate candy. Regular chocolate bars melted to easily.

3. nosliw

nosliw Delivering parcels throughout Teyvat! Meow~!

Any BOSE ads on TV back in the day. :p

Liquid Len and SandAndGlass like this.
  4. Helom

Helom Forum member

I don't doubt his speakers are competent, many folks seem to enjoy them. What baffles me (no pun intended) is how his patented designs are appreciably different from these McIntosh speakers:

McIntosh XR100 (Gloss Black)

5. Davey

Davey NP: Portishead ~ Portishead (1997)

We are talking about a 1982 ad, not what Philips was able to do later, and I can't recall hearing many audiophiles praising those early players. Their first DAC chips weren't even compatible with the 16-bit CD format. They introduced the well regarded 'A' version of their 16-bit TDA 1541 in 1989, and many of their late 80s/early 90s CD players are scavenged for parts, but not many people are using those players for music.

Like I said earlier, it was just intended as a light-hearted jab at those early CD ads in what I thought was to be a light-hearted thread. No offense intended, I like CDs. I had one of those early players. I had later players that I modified heavily. I've designed and built some pretty amazing sounding DACs over the years. But it's still not a perfect sounding format :)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  6. Wow. Well that's one brand I can happily cross off my curiosity list. And yet, hopping over on the AK site, I see there are 120 pages of love for this make. Go figure.

7. Liquid Len

Liquid Len Forum Resident

I wondered how long it would be before Bose took their first hit! Still, they do deserve it, no mistake.

McLover and nosliw like this.
  8. Helom

Helom Forum member

Devialet Phantom

"This is not a speaker. This is Phantom.
    Forget what you think you know. Far more than a connected speaker, plug and play Phantom to trigger an intense emotional experience. Encounter the physical impact of a high-end ultra-dense sound. Instantly. With power, clarity and precision unlike anything you’ve heard before. Revolutionary. Hi-Fi, docks, speakers, home cinema. Wireless, bluetooth, multiroom. Phantom obliterates all existing systems."

Phantom: high-end wireless speaker - Devialet

9. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I was curiously interested in their speakers, Steve Guttenberg gave a glowing review of the new Double Impacts.

Forum members here, own their speakers.

Have nothing for or against their products, from a personal point of view.

But, after reading this "dribble" (that is as nice as I care to call it) that is posted by Eric Alexander, the founder, I would NEVER even consider owning one of their products, just out of general principle.

Another amusing tidbit. In interviews, Eric is always pointing out his patented superior design loud speaker. When he is asked to explain the use of his patented technology, he explains that it is proprietary, and then goes into his usual BS rant.

For those who might be interested in how the U.S. patent #9247339 U.S. patent #9247339 reads, here is the link to it.

Gumboo likes this.
  10. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Forever is a long time, especially toward the end. :cool:

11. Gumboo

Gumboo Forum Resident

His designs don't have a "unique front panel illuminated logo" like the McIntosh speaker.

Helom and SandAndGlass like this.
  12. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

"I am your Angel of Music.
    Come to me, Angel of Music."

13. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

The Coming Soon cards in the McCartney Archive Collection?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.