Hip-o Select Soul Asylum - Welcome to the Minority: The A&M Years 1988-1991

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chris Gerhard, Jan 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Senior Member Thread Starter

2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Last one sold April 20, highest to date is $38.
    It was $45 list price when it was released.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Chris Gerhard likes this.
  3. Chris Gerhard

Thanks, I knew the list price since mine still has the price sticker on it. Some Hip-O Select titles have gone up in value recently, maybe I should just stick a price on it which will be the lowest on eBay and see what happens, as far as I can tell mine would be the only one for sale right now. I like Hang Time and The Horse They Rode in On but have never heard the live album. I suspect there won't be much interest at anything other than a bargain price.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you're not in a rush to sell it, put it on eBay with a $70 price tag + make_an_offer. I see none on eBay, so you might get lucky. If not, you can always lower it later.

black sheriff likes this.
  5. Chris Gerhard

I thought about either $75 Buy-it-Now or $50 starting bid for a 10-day auction. I can find no recent sales and there are none for sale on Amazon or eBay as far as I can tell so who knows what the market price may be today. OOP limited edition CDs have the best chance of having some value. I know what the mass market, million selling, popular CD releases of the last 40 years are worth, around $1 or less. I have thousands of those.

6. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Because there are no competing copies available, I'd go with $75 (or $68 for a psychological cheaper factor), rather than an auction. But a $50 auction will pay off if there are two people looking :)

The value of the set is the third CD of live material. The first two replicate material available on those $1 CDs you mention. So this is for collectors or hardcore fans only.

black sheriff likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.