History Channel's "Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by badfinger54, Jun 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member Thread Starter

Anybody else watching this series? I find it very interesting and grounded more in facts than some similar programs.

RickH likes this.
  2. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

I’ve been watching it. I’ve always been fascinated with the subject since seeing the picture of a Grey on the back of my mom’s copy of Communion when I was 6. UFO shows are touch and go between a serious look at the topic or a hokey, unbelievable show where anything unexplained = aliens. This show is definitely the former. I look forward to watching future episodes.

3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Critics say it’s a good overview of project blue book, except for the SLIGHT stretch of showing alien bodies. That kinda bothered the serious folks. But it’s supposedly well done, otherwise. But I guess some speculation ain’t so bad

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  4. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

I believe you are referring to the A&E’s Project Blue Book starring Aidan Gillen (GoT’s Peter Balish). I enjoyed the show but I viewed it for pure entertainment. I definitely view it as “inspired by” real events with plenty of fictional embellishments. Which, I’m not faulting it for that at all, though I could see how people watching for a factual re-enactment could be disappointed. What took me the longest to adjust to was Aidan Gillen’s American accent.

Manimal and Ghostworld like this.
  5. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

That’s good news. Then I’ll wAtch this series

Very sad to hear the biggest search ever for radio emissions from other galaxies turned up nada. I
    Love the movie “Contact”

Electric and mynameistaken like this.
  6. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Last night’s episode I found particularly interesting. The interview Luis Elizondo did with Sen. Harry Reid was, I thought, intriguing: when he asked the former House Minority Leader about the possibility of the aerial phenomena being aliens, Reid replied that due to concern over credibility issues, he could not say what he knows. And the episode, which was the season finale (I hope it returns!) ended with Elizondo sharing a recent article with the Blink 182 guy (Tom Delonge) about the Navy putting in place new procedures for pilots reporting encounters with unidentifiable aerial phenomenon.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ilots-got-navy-stop-dismissing-ufo-sightings/

Anyone else see this?

7. badfinger54

I did! I think maybe some folks are confusing this with other UFO shows. We are talking about the one with THIS guy.

[​IMG]

RickH likes this.
  8. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Yep

9. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

That is a very special movie.

Ghostworld likes this.
  10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Heck yea! Love it.

11. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

For people into the UFO subject this is a very interesting time, with heavy hitters like Chris Mellon and the other guys in TTSA getting involved in UAP’s ( Unidentified aerial phenomenon). Active F18 pilots now able to come foreword with the these strange sightings along with retired guys like Captain Fravor who was featured a lot on that old History or Discovery Channel Show ‘ Carrier’ . Heck not only are member of Congress now being briefed by these pilots but you have George Stephanopoulos asking trump about it the other night. Love it.

12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Robert M. likes this.
  13. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Part 2

14. badfinger54

Any of you now watching CONTACT? Another intriguing series on Discovery (and reruns on Science Channel) about UFO's.

15. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I admit I've only seen a few minutes of it. Some guests at our house are credulous about these "sightings" and prompted me to watch it. It was this same episode, I think. One of the "experts" noted the odd "glow" around the object. To me, it just looks like they boosted the contrast on a fuzzy image. This made the object look darker, but also caused the halo around it. That's when I lost interest.

16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Don’t look at that FLIR video as an example of the pilots description stating a “fuzziness” around the object.
    That video has been copied so many times.
    Commander Fravor said they saw a clear as day “ video mode” copy.

17. moops

moops Senior Member

Manimal and chilinvilin like this.
  18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Cool! Man I’ve always thought an open mind will get your further in this strange reality we live in.. the illusion is that this is all normal... no! It’s freaking weird man:)

19. moops

moops Senior Member

Not to take it off topic, but Valentich's actions do paint him as kind of peculiar. However those that new him best discount suicide and it seems quite an elaborate set-up just to disappear on purpose. Anyway, we'll never know for sure what actually happened.

Manimal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.