Ho Ho Ho! - Upcoming Holiday / Christmas releases?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nathan Aaron, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phish

phish Jack Your Body

This is my friends son's christmas jazz cd here.....

https://maxabrams.bandcamp.com/album/christmas-jazz

[​IMG]

released 06 November 2014

Max Abrams - Saxophone
    Pat Bergeson - Guitar
    Derrek Phillips - Drums
    Matt Endahl - Piano
    Mike Rinne and Jon Estes - Bass
    Casey Wood - Vibraphone
    Raul Malo - Vocals
    Recorded, Mixed and Mastered by Casey Wood at The Insanery in Nashville, TN.

"Max Abrams has played and recorded with a host of artists including The Mavericks, Widespread Panic, Lionel Richie, Luke Bryan, Jake Owen, Colbie Calliat, Big and Rich, Kid Rock, Sir Cliff Richards, Frankie Valli, Dave Barnes, and YoYo Ma, as well as making appearances on Good Morning America, The Tonight Show, PBS, and the CMA, ACM, and CMT awards."

and it's $6.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

another one to add to the collection! thanks.

CrazyCatz and phish like this.
  3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Will be interested to see what is on this. He of course did the one Christmas album during his peak era, and that's all that I know of on Capitol. There was a later single ("I Still Believe in Christmas") that was on a Rhino compilation, but that's all I know of (aside from the many latter-day Xmas albums on cheap labels),

TeacFan likes this.
  4. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Setzer
    TSO?

5. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

man...the cut down MCA 10 track bargain version, has been selling for crazy$$$ all these years. Surprised UNI still has the Kapp masters in vault.

6. Get2Me

Get2Me Forum Resident

I will miss the proposed The Jack Jones Christmas Album reissue the most this year. HOPEFULLY it can happen next year because Jack Jones is a criminally overlooked singer and this album is an underrated gem.

Simon A and Nathan Aaron like this.
  7. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was about to state "Jack Jone's Christmas album is readily available on ebay!" but there really are only a handful of his first LP on there. There are some UK versions, also, though. I'm surprised it's not easier to find, but I have to admit it took me a while to find it. I finally found a copy a couple years ago at Goodwill. The cover was a slight bit worn, but the vinyl is pretty nice. Love me some Jack Jones!

CrazyCatz, Simon A and Get2Me like this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

There are a couple of stray Capitol tracks that were recorded for special product LP use. Night before Christmas is one.

9. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Yeah, I have that somewhere-- He just recites it if I recall. I'll buy it if there's any newly discovered songs.

10. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I just noticed this on amazon.... (not new, but I have not seen vinyl copies before)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Geir likes this.
  11. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

The new TSO album is not a Christmas album, but it's scheduled to be released in November.

12. dualstacker

dualstacker Forum Resident

A little disappointed in the vinyl releases this year. Was really hoping for vinyl issues of the James Taylor and Josh Groban Christmas albums. Also Celine Dion and the Polar Express Soundtrack would have been terrific. Lastly on the new age front was hoping to see Mannheim Steamroller's 3rd and 4th Christmas albums (which never saw a vinyl release) and David Lanz - Christmastime. Looking forward to Dwight Yoakam and Johnny Mathis releases but most of the releases seem like stuff Christmas music fans already have in their collection.

13. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I'd like to see the Mariah Carey Christmas album re-issued. It goes for stupid money now.

14. dualstacker

Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas is scheduled for a vinyl reissue on October 23.

phish likes this.
  15. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Is there a pre-order link for this anywhere???

edit: Nevermind...I found one from SoundStageDirect, but i'll probably hold out for a different seller.

16. dualstacker

17. dualstacker

Elusive Disk has one also. I believe Music Direct too

phish likes this.
  18. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

1. Christmas Is for Children
    2. Old Toy Trains
    3. Little Altar Boy
    4. It Must Be Getting Close to Christmas
    5. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    6. Blue Christmas
    7. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)
    8. Pretty Paper
    9. There s No Place Like Home
    10. I ll Be Home for Christmas
    11. Christmas Day
    12. The Night Before Christmas
    13. Silent Night
    14. White Christmas
    15. I Believe in Christmas
    16. New Snow on the Roof
    17. O Holy Night
    18. The Christmas Song (1990 Version)

JamieC likes this.
  19. Nathan Aaron

- I completely agree! So many great Christmas albums that have never seen an LP release, and they go with the same old ones we can grab in the buck bins. Sigh. Last year was much better! Maybe next year! I did just purchase Oscar Peterson and James Brown's Christmas albums on vinyl, as well as Soul Christmas, which was supposed to be out last year, but just hit the shelves this month!

20. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Thoughts?? Do we think this will come up for order on Amazon?

21. dualstacker

Bought the Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck and Rosemary Clooney vinyl reissues last year. They are all great. The Brubeck and Peterson were originally released on the Telarc label. I was hoping Telarc would put out the Mel Torme Christmas album from the mid-nineties this year on vinyl but also no luck. Regarding the Mariah Carey, these have been available as pre-orders for at least a month on the aforementioned sites. Not sure why Amazon doesn't have it yet.

phish likes this.
  22. Nathan Aaron

- Probably. But Elusivedisc.com, Acousticsounds.com, and Soundstagedirect.com have all been great for me, also! Elusivedisc.com is probably the best for decently priced shipping, but you can use the code SH (for this forum) on Soundstagedirect and receive a 10% discount!

CrazyCatz and phish like this.
  23. Nathan Aaron

phish likes this.
  24. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

https://www.leannrimesworld.com/new...oday-christmas-set-october-16th-release-38126

Leann Rimes has a new Christmas album, "Today Is Christmas", due on October 16, 2015 (CD only so far). It includes a duet with Aloe Blacc, and a duet with Gavin DeGraw on "Celebrate Me Home":

The Target version includes 3 bonus tracks (tracks 13-15).

1. Today Is Christmas
    2. We Need A Little Christmas
    3. That Spirit Of Christmas (Duet with Aloe Blacc)
    4. I Still Believe in Santa Claus
    5. Holly Jolly Christmas/Frosty The Snowman
    6. Celebrate Me Home (Duet with Gavin DeGraw)
    7. Must Be Santa
    8. Christmas Time Is Here
    9. The Heartache Can Wait
    10. Little Drummer Boy
    11. Joy (God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman/Angels We Have Heard On High/Hark The Herald Angels Sing)
    12. Auld Lang Syne
    13. Ring Them Bells
    14. Pretty Paper
    15. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Nathan Aaron likes this.
  25. dualstacker

According to Acoustic Sounds website Andrea Bocelli's My Christmas will be released on heavy vinyl on November 20. Looks good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.