Holy Cow! How Many Shows Have You Streamed Since the Pandemic Started?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by thegage, Mar 6, 2023.

1. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd Thread Starter

For yucks I tried to remember all I and my wife have watched since March of 2020, pretty much when the pandemic started and we had recently gotten actual internet that allowed quality streaming. My count, as far as I can remember: 110 different shows over the last three years, and I'm sure there are a couple I've forgotten. That's a lot of time, some might say wasted, but then again for a long time we weren't going out a lot....

JohnK

2. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Are you counting one season series of say 8 episodes as one? Or eight?

If counting by the episode then I am in the 100s too. Hell, just watching all of the Veras on Britbox and Professor Ts on PBS Masterpiece is like over 80 episodes right there.

3. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd Thread Starter

No, counting by the show, only. I was afraid to add up all of the episodes!

JohnK

noname74 likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my wife try to watch a movie every night...that's a lot of movies per year since the pandemic...and before...

5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

1. Not a big streaming family.

6. ATR

ATR Senior Member

The same number that I would have without. I watch a couple shows every night. I didn't watch TV instead of socializing.

7. Does watching TV at somebody else's house count? I haven't had my own TV since 2016.

I guess you could stream on computers and phones. I tried watching a movie on my phone once. Never again.

8. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

None. I spent the pandemic hiking California's mountains. Nobody locks me down. I hate staying inside.

finslaw likes this.
  10. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

You know it's too many when you see this warning on your screen "You have reached the end of Netflix. Please turn off your TV and go outside."

Ghostworld and rockclassics like this.
  11. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I didn't really get into streaming until the pandemic, so I had some catching up to do. I couldn't begin to remember everything I've watched, but I'm now hooked on streaming. Most of the legacy network prime time shows seem lame compared to what is available to stream.

noname74 likes this.
  12. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Zero.

I watch everything on disc. No streaming.

Rocker and GregM like this.
  13. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Wow! There’s a lot of stuff that isn’t available on “disc”. But of course there’s enough content across all formats to keep us entertained for the rest of our days.

14. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Probably these that I recall:
    Alone
    Also another short series about a contest revolving around building shelters in Alaska wilds to win a large existing homestead.
    Better Call Saul
    Dark
    Archive 81

Probably two or three more I don't recall. Started a few that I dumped.
    We're not big tv watchers, I watch a lot more ytube stuff.

15. VU Master

VU Master Senior Member

If you're asking about streaming "series" shows, not very many. Maybe 15 or 20. And some were older shows that I re-watched.

Personally I like my evening viewing to have a beginning, middle, and end. I don't like to have to "commit" to one or two dozen episodes, and find that most of those shows disappoint me anyway. I'm much more likely to watch a film I never saw before, an obscure title, a documentary, or an old favorite.

16. Michael

over a thousand in combo formats...many streaming.

17. Michael

playing outside?...the only time we were inside was for sleeping, eating, or etc...you get the drift.

18. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

A lot.

I remember rewatching all 10 seasons of Smallville in a short period of time.

19. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Exactly. I could never purchase another Blu-ray and still have enough discs on hand to hold me forever.

Because of my website, I only watch discs. I already spend too much time in front of a TV, so I don't need streaming on top of that! :D

20. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I've prob seen a similar sum as @thegage but I don't have the patience to count them. Many shows and movies I streamed I'd just as soon forget. Some I have rewatched.

I prefer to watch on 4K or blu-ray. But some of the best shows since the pandemic are not available, e.g., Zero Zero Zero, His Dark Materials, Gomorrah. The video quality is better on native disc, and I prefer discs over streaming for private property rights.