Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

You should see the original..

2. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

My parents, who never watch or like tv, told me they love this show and watch ever episode. I saw it last night and liked it. I went to netflix and the show is on back order.

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Actually, as I was powering through the season one BluRay, what the show reminded me of most was (the UK) 'Prime Suspect.' But, you know, crossed with MI5.

4. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Thought the first episode was a downgrade from the first season and improbable. The guy goes from a first term Congressman to become a candidate for VP? Implausible.

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Danny Strong and his Emmy award would probably like to debate that point with you. :laugh:

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

That's your biggest plausibility problem with this show? Really? :D

7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

should of aired only for year.

8. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

The second season is getting somewhat silly already after just two episodes, into the realms of '24' with all the undetected 'baddy' insiders... nice twist at the end of episode 2, though.

I can see this being a two-season only show. How many times can you fail to kill the president?

9. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

I really like Claire Danes portrayal....that's what keeps me coming back. I agree the plausability seems to be even less than last year.

10. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

That development is the kind of thing which separates this show from others that ended with poor reputations. Plot movement in such a way that satisfies the viewer and keeps things interesting, rather than endlessly dragging on, getting nowhere. Now we have a new dynamic, where Carrie will feel more confident, maybe enough to re-join the CIA, and we'll see those that doubted her have to come to terms with them being wrong and her right. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. (Simliar deal in Dexter this season with Deb learning Dexter's secret - new dynamic that keeps it interesting).

Seems like they have a smoking gun now on Brody. If Saul pursues it like you'd think he would, the season could end next week. LOL. I wonder what will happen to prolong the season. Maybe Saul will keep this quiet from anyone for some CIA-related reason? Maybe Brody will be confronted and say he made the video under duress while captured? That seems difficult, given the way he looked when rescued, compared to his spiffiness in the video. It will be interesting.

11. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

The preview of next weeks episode looks like Brody kills someone....hope it's not Saul, he's another character I like to watch.

12. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

The video looks like it's the one he made before the attempted bombing from last season, that he did not go through with.

13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Yes, it is that video. Fascinating plot twist. I'm guessing that Saul will keep this his own secret? Or will he take it to David at the CIA? He'd better be sure that Brody is a traitor before he takes on a sitting Congressman, I would think.

There are implausible aspects to this show, but Claire Danes continues to kill it in her portrayal of Carrie. The scene where she beats herself up for being wrong about Brody (when we, the viewers, know that she was right) should earn her another Emmy.

14. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

Spoiler tags on preview info please. TIA.

15. EddieVanHalen

EddieVanHalen Forum Resident

What about Morena Baccarin? She is the perfect and devoted American wife and mother, with a perfect American accent: she's Brazilian.

16. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Whoa, a stunning new episode. I was blown away by the discovery of the chip...

This completely flips the premise around 180 degrees! I can't wait to see what they do with this -- it's an amazing change for the show.

17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I was surprised that they found the chip in Episode Two - seems like something that would have happened in the next-to-last episode of the season. How Brody survives this discovery by Saul should be interesting.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Morena's been in the US since she was 7 so it's not too surprising . . . .

19. :agree: :thumbsup:

Wonder if Brody's daughter is going to turn on him at some point.

20. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I was almost thinking she was going to get even tighter with him and help him with his double life finagling.

21. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

My sentiments, exactly. Makes me even more intrigued with where this season will be going.

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Really liked the third episode of the season. Even as the show gets more factually implausible, the characterizations of Brody and Carrie get more gripping and realistic. The parallel between them each at the end of their rope this week was interesting.

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Somebody tell me again how you get away with texting a warning in the middle of the Pentagon during an ultra-secret black ops raid...

I can't even get away with texting in the middle of a company meeting with the boss!

24. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I love this show and normally don't comment on weak story lines but that was about as bad and lazy it gets. Amazing that a show with normally such good writing couldn't come up with something more realistic.

25. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

:):)

Here in France we are in the middle of the first season but i must say i am hooked
    its true some of those events are hardly plausible but what the heck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.