Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

I think the show improved big time once the Brody clan left.

marcb, BNell and Thomas D like this.
  2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Anyone could have predicted the ending of that last episode from the flashback at the start of the show. I'm yelling at the screen "DON'T LET IT HAPPEN' but it did,

3. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

But still to give the show it's due the timing it's incredible. As the show airs the real US president signs a real deal with Taliban only to be broken in a couple of days with huge attack on Kabul ceremony and retaliatory US airstrikes.

marcb, sberger and Mylene like this.
  4. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

If not earlier, it certainly became apparent when one of the aids showed great concern that the prez was several minutes behind schedule. However, predict what will happen next ep. or how it will happen. Can't do it. Therein lies much interest.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  5. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I wonder if the real life US prez will make another trip to Afghanistan.

6. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Why not? It's a great photo op, especially during the election campaign. Putin took several surprise trips to Syria and last time walked around the Damascus with Assad visiting christian churches and mosques. I doubt that Damascus is any safer than Kabul.

Thomas D likes this.
  7. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

That was actually a pretty good episode. It was suspenseful as literally anything could happen. The voices over the opening credits were a total red herring as the conversation had nothing to do with Carrie.

sberger likes this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:laughup:

9. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i like the way clair danes was on the attack the with heavily protected with body armor troops while she had her service revolver and and a business suit.

yeah, that would really happen.

then they show the radio guy at the end with a gun pointed at his head and stop the film.....only to show him in next week's previews. 'homeland' has gone down a very short and slippery slope this season.

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I streamed it so I didn't see the preview. The thing I noticed about Carrie is when she goes out she usually puts on a headscarf but on the raid she had her long hair flowing. That said a lot about her attitude.

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The Afghan president in this series has to be one of the most cartoon caricatures seen in recent years on tv. Every time he opens his mouth with that exaggerated accent, I just want to throw my shoes at the TV set...

Rufus McDufus, Monty12 and lschwart like this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

another totally ridiculous episode last night........right, she just ran down the stairs, and just drove his jeep right out on the tarmac and picked her up and away they went....come on.

i really can't wait until this is over, it has just gotten so bad and far-fetched.

lschwart and GentleSenator like this.
  13. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Full time RUSSIAN COLLUSION I'm afraid. Some moments of this episode looked a bit like Kevin Costner's No Way Out.;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    lschwart likes this.
  14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

anyone else think beau bridges was like "get me off of this show ASAP!" ?

15. LeifFan

LeifFan Forum Resident

This is all I think of when he's on the screen

rmath84, Bachtoven and mrjinks like this.
  16. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

The season has now officially gotten too silly. Still, I'll hang on through to the end to see how they've decided to end the thing. It still has entertaining stretches as long as you let the ridiculous bits pass.

L.

GentleSenator likes this.
  17. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

As a russian I think it would be cool if Carrie turned out to be our agent all along...:D Or simply russian, like Kevin Costner in No Way Out.:laugh:

18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

my money is on something like this being the case. or at least she's been bRaiNwAsHeD by her russian handler.

19. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

Of course not. She's always on the brink of disaster yet somehow always pulls it off in the end.

20. adomanim

adomanim Active Member

There’s a big difference between a real indie and something made by a major studio indie division. I’ve often thought the above method of just personally roadshowing your picture is the way to go in a grassroots manner but that will only go so far in this day and age.

21. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

I think it's more "Manchurian Candidate" than "No Way Out". I don't think she's been a Russian agent all along. I think that she was hypnotized or brainwashed during her 6 month detention in Russia. I noticed a weird "control" vibe from Yevgeny resonating with Carrie, at one particular point. I want to re-watch the episode where she advised the prez to make that trip. Was some hypnotic signal planted in her head to give that advice and other key things at key times? I think the russians are behind that assassination and Carried unwittingly helped.

22. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Spoiler-in case you haven’t guessed or figured it out that new slime ball US president is heavily involved in previous pres assasination and Afghan presidents actions. And probably serving the Russians in some way.

23. LeifFan

LeifFan Forum Resident

Am I on crack? What does this have to do with Homeland????

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

love the cliffhanger ending. will max get killed on camera?!? nah, the preview for next week being dragged out of the compound.

heart pumping stuff here.

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what in the world?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.