Homo Erraticus – The New Studio Album from Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson To be released in April 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tootull, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Could be quite interesting. Ian's vocals sound much better than they did just a few years back. Not a lot of processing either. Definitely will seek this one out. Ron

2. kvsawilson

kvsawilson Senior Member

DonnyMe likes this.
  3. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Is he using the same band from TAAB 2?

4. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

I believe he is. Saw them perform live last fall. They are a great band. While I always have a place for Martin and the original Tull, this new band is just fine with me. Super talented band. Ian doesn't surround himself with sub-par musicians, ever. A lot of ear candy for me this year! Woo Hoo!

5. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Great. Their drummer is friggin awesome.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I agree. I'm in for this new one.

7. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

as far as the 2nd set when playing live I guess we have to deal with the fact we will be watching a cover band

footlooseman likes this.
  8. dreambear

dreambear Forum Resident

I didn´t listen to the whole thing, because I didn´t want to spoil the joy of listening to the real thing on april 14, BUT the first 2 minutes gave me a strange "War child" - feeling, probably because of the accordion. This is nice!!!!!

9. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way Thread Starter

10. tootull

IAN ANDERSON - HOMO ERRATICUS - 3 TRACK PROMO
    Mads Mosegaard

Published on Mar 18, 2014
    approx. start times
    00:10 THE ENGINEER
    03:20 THE PAX BRITANNICA
    06:30 AFTER THESE WARS

11. dreambear

dreambear Forum Resident

tootull likes this.
  12. tootull

PennyLanes likes this.
  13. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

He sounds fine as long as he writes for his range, which is the case here (and on TAB2). I'm pleasantly surprised by how vintage-Tull this sounds. "After These Wars" has the kind of melody he hasn't come up with in awhile.

dreambear likes this.
  14. tootull

Ian Anderson - Homo Erraticus Tour Trailer 2014 (UK+EU)
    Published on Mar 26, 2014

[​IMG]

15. tootull

www.wcsx.com/gmi/classicrocknews/2014/03/25/ian-anderson-puts-jethro-tull-behind-him-with-new-album#.UzLigoX4IhZ
    Ian Anderson Puts Jethro Tull Behind Him With New Album
    Posted on 3/25/2014 12:55:00 PM by Gary Graff

With his new solo album, "Homo Erraticus," due out April 15, Ian Anderson is fessing up to the fact that he has put Jethro Tull to rest.

In an "introduction" he wrote for the album, Anderson notes that, "The huge body of work that is the Jethro Tull catalogue stands firm close beside me and in good stead...But I think I prefer, in my twilight years, to use my own name for the most part being composer of virtually all Tull songs and music since 1968."

And in a recent conversation, Anderson confirmed to us that Jethro Tull, as a moniker, is and will likely remain dormant even though all the members of his own band have logged some time as part of the Tull roster:

"Nothing is going on at all; that's the whole point. To me, Jethro Tull is...the vast body of repertoire that's Jethro Tull, the record catalog, the music, and I think that, if we look back on it, it kind of came more or less to an end during the last 10 years or so...(with) a couple of live albums and a studio album of Christmas material. That might define the last albums under the name Jethro Tull. It's a body of work I rather think is now kind of historical, since the weight of it lies back in the 70s and 80s in terms of volume. And I rather think it's nice to kind of leave that as legacy."

"The Jethro Tull Christmas Album" came out in 2003, while the group's last collection of songs, "J-Tull Dot Com," was released during 1999. Anderson will be touring to support "Homo Erraticus" starting May 28 in the U.K., with a North American leg currently starting September 17 in Oakland, Calif.

ADD***** currently the US tour starts:
    Sep 12 Fri
    McCaw Hall Seattle, WA
    08:00 PM The Best Of Jethro Tull Performed By Ian Anderson
    on sale:Mon, 03/10/14 10:00 AM

Read more: http://jethrotull.proboards.com/thread/2548/homo-erraticus?page=17#ixzz2x5xon8TF

16. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I have a lot of respect for Ian making this decision. It doesn't tarnish or disrespect the Tull name. Now if only some of my other faves would follow his lead.

17. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

But the new album is on Jethro Tull's official Facebook page?

footlooseman likes this.
  18. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Yeah, the "new" Beatles albums are on the Beatles web page.

19. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

???

20. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

It's his band, I don't have a problem with him promoting his album on his Jethro Tull Facebook page.

PennyLanes and ribors like this.
  21. tootull

‘Enter The Uninvited’ Free Track Stream & Download

You can now stream and download for free ‘Enter The Uninvited’ taken from Ian Anderson’s forthcoming album ‘Homo Erraticus‘. The record will be out on 14th April on Calliandra Records in conjunction with Kscope, to coincide with Ian Anderson’s 2014 UK tour.
    Ian Anderson - Enter The Uninvited (lyric video)

ALBUM FORMATS
    LIMITED DELUXE EDITION

The deluxe edition is a 4 disc set (2CD + 2DVD-V) presented in a 60 page hardback book, including ‘The Making of Homo Erraticus’ on DVD, a bonus CD with an audio documentary and ‘hotel demos’, plus a 5.1 surround sound mix of the album on DVD.

LIMITED CD/DVD-A EDITION
    A limited 2 disc digibook edition, including a 5.1 surround mix of the album on DVD and a 24 page booklet.

DOUBLE VINYL EDITION
    A double vinyl edition of the album pressed on heavyweight (180g) vinyl with a screen printed fourth side. Packaged in a gatefold sleeve with an 8 page booklet.

SINGLE CD EDITION
    Ian Anderson’s new album ‘Homo Erraticus’, presented in a single CD jewelcase with sleeve.

PRE-ORDER HOMO ERRATICUS
    [​IMG]

PennyLanes likes this.
  22. tootull

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  23. Rasputin

Rasputin Forum Resident

Vive la homo erecticus!

24. tootull

http://jethrotull.proboards.com/post/47107/thread
    Nearly forgot - this was handed out at the album launch and is, I take it, the exclusive postcard which will be in the super duper, all singing and all dancing versions of Homo Erraticus. - Maddog of the Jethro Tull Forum
    [​IMG]

PennyLanes and Jerryb like this.
  25. tootull

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.