Hong Kong CD stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by lowendmidfi, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowendmidfi

lowendmidfi Active Member Thread Starter

I'll be in Hong Kong next week. I'd like to purchase cantonese pop music from the 70's for my mom. Is there a store that's got a good selection, either used or new? I don't speak cantonese so I'll have to rely on the store employee for artist recommendations. I don't want to ask my mom which artists she likes because I want to surprise her.

I would like to look for CDs for myself as well. I'm all over the place musically, but I do love modern indie rock and 80's new wave/alternative i.e. Depeche Mode, New Order and Duran Duran.

Thanks

2. Harvey Rickenbacker

Harvey Rickenbacker Forum Resident

There's a HMV store on Nathan Road TST that had a decent range of indie rock etc. when I was in there a year ago. Not so sure re cantonese pop (I wasn't looking). They also had a fair bit of vinyl (new and used) but I found it hideously expensive. Everything is expensive in Hong Kong.

3. lowendmidfi

lowendmidfi Active Member Thread Starter

I was actually having dinner in this shopping center where HMV is located By the time I was done it was too late to shop. I'll come back to have a look. I've bought CDs from this store the last time I was in HK years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.