Hope you enjoyed the CIRCUIT CITY $9.99 sale...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Chris C, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last! Thread Starter

I hope that you enjoyed the Labor Day weekend $9.99 CD sale at Circuit City, because my friend that works at my store, told me yesterday, that they're pulling about 400 titles later this week. That, in effect, to my stores already small CD selection, will leave nearly nothing left to buy!

To be honest, I can't see how this store has survived, as long as it has? We had a Best Buy just down the street, which helped "CC" get a little bit of traffic, but they've moved about two miles away and there is nothing else left around the "CC", to help keep it alive. Now Target, Walmart, Borders & Best Buy are all within a half mile of each other!

I've heard that Circuit City is more popular than Best Buy in SOME parts of the U.S., but they've NEVER come remotely close to the selection of "BB", and are tons worse these days, than even Best Buy, with their scaled back CD catalog!

Everyday, I sadly inch one step closer, to not having a B&M music store, in my area!

Chris C

2. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

The selection was really, REALLY, poor but I did manage to get a Bob Dylan SACD for $9.99

I expect that CC will discontinue music cds altogether before too long.

3. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Picked up Sonic Youth's RATHER RIPPED and Neil Young's LIVING WITH WAR. For some reason, the selection at the Arlington CC isn't half-bad.

4. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

There's a CC right near my home, but I get so frustrated every time I go in there. Not only is the selection terrible, but the CDs seem randomly placed. The clerk will tell me their computer shows they have two of a title I'm looking for, but they're nowhere to be found.

5. CT Dave

CT Dave Senior Member

I was in the Circuit City in Manchester, CT not too long ago, and they had removed all the divider cards between the CDs. The CDs were organized (if you could call it that) by letter and musical genre only.

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

You can still get Bob Dylan SACD's from yourmusic.com for $5.99:rolleyes:

7. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Picked up Zozo Sisters ....nothing else there. The chain never really had a focus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.