¡Hoping for STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Reissues!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bertly, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member Thread Starter

What are the chances that companies such as MFSL and Audio Fidelity could gain access to the master tapes, if they were interested in doing STP reissues?
    'Core', 'Purple' and 'Tiny Music' are excellent albums, and deserve the gold or sacd treatment, in my opinion.

Groggy likes this.
  2. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

oooh nice idea....

id love purple and tiny music especially......

3. JWB

JWB New Member

Purple & Tiny Music on MFSL? Oh boy would that be nice! :goodie:

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

The last 2 albums are the 2 that NEED audiophile treatment, ie. they're too compressed. At the very least, the originals of the first 3 sound good now, even if they could use a little touch up.

5. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

While I like STP, I don't know the catalog in and out.
    Do they have a lot of B-sides and Unreleased tunes for Special Editions?

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

I'm sure there is some material, but look, this is a '90s band, and those CD's sound just fine to my ears. The notion of wasting time remastering these when there are catalog items in dire need of some serious work just seems ludicrous to this collector.

But the only opinions that matter are the band's...these days, many acts have the clout to control their output, and that includes remasters. Just can't see it, really....

:ed:

7. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member Thread Starter

But the first three albums are much better than the last two.
    I think there's enough room for improvement on the first three to make remasters very worthwhile. It's been almost 13 years since 'Core' was released. MFSL did Nirvana's 'In Utero' three or four years after it was originally released. They were able to make a nice upgrade to an album like that. So, I think they could do the same with STP albums.

8. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Well they did release "Core" on DVD-Audio, so maybe more are coming soon.

9. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Somehow I doubt it...CORE has been out for years now, and like L.A. WOMAN, seems like a 5.1 oneshot now instead of just the first....pity!

:ed:

10. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I saw "Core" used/real cheap on DVD-A in a local music shop. I might grab it soon for a future listening time, seeing as I don't have a hybrid SACD/DVD-A player yet (delayed gratifcation.) What's the best sounding version of "core" on CD thus far? (Might have to make my own custom CD+DVDA two-pack on this title!)
    ###​

11. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I agree.
    A B-sides comp would be nice but that's all I would need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.