DCC Archive Hot Smokin' Sassafras

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan T, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey Steve, ever find a tape source for Hot Smokin' Sassafras or anything else on IA?

2. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Whoa! You mean you can smoke Sassafras?!? :cool:

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Never looked, but I think Bill Inglot did.

It's: "Hot Smoke And Sassafras"

4. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I think Charly in the UK controls the International Artists label these days; Collectables had the Bubble Puppy album out several years ago, but I can't vouch for the sound quality or if it's from tape. Original Sound had a cheapie cd various artists comp out many moons ago with a decent stereo take of HS&S. For years the IA catalog was a mess and stuff was being reissued from vinyl, but the 13th Floor Elevators You're Gonna Miss Me finally came out in nice mono on the Nuggets box (can't believe I found something nice to say about Rhino!) and also on the High Fidelity soundtrack in slightly better sound (great movie if you haven't seen it..) As for Hot Smoke and Sasafrass, the Bubble Puppy boys stole the line from Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies and they intended it to be called Hot Smokin' Sassafrass - useless trivia for you lovers of said stuff!

5. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

I believe the only CD for that IA compilation was on Collectibles...I haven't listened to my copy for along time, but I believe there is a vinyl 2LP set "out there", as they say !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.