‘House of Cards’ Resumes Production, With Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

If he gets charged with anything in California that would be interesting, especially since CA allows "prior bad acts" to be admitted into evidence - even if they were never proven in court (Michael Jackson's trial was made into even more of a farce because of that).

alexpop and Vidiot like this.
  2. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

i wonder when it was filmed, and whether he even had the new charges in mind at the time that it was filmed. it seems like it was made in an attempt to get some buzz started about bringing back House of Cards complete with Spacey, but the timing couldn't have been worse if that's what he intended.

3. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

but maybe it was actually good timing. instead of asking "hey, is kevin spacey guilty of sexual assault?" we're asking, "what's up w/ that weird video?"

4. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Spacey definitely knew charges were going to be filed against him. He was completely hidden for over a year and thought that the video would be a good first step in his PR defense.

He definitely wants to act again, and maybe some French/Italian director would cast him in a film, but he knows HOC is dead and that wasn't the intention of his video.

GodShifter, delmonaco and alexpop like this.
  5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Surely he'll get more film work at least.

6. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

I'm sure there are directors in France or Italy that would absolutely cast him in a film - Bernardo Bertolucci before he died said he wanted to work with him for his next project. But Hollywood and England are an absolutely no-go for him and that's where he got his roles from in the past.

7. alexpop

The video looked like a trailer of House Of Cards season 7 ( assuming ).

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Now for even weirder video, apparently there’s video to go along with the alleged groping incident. Someone’s going to do a really painful mash up of that. Oh spacey, you naughty boy. I can’t blame him him. If I became a movie star and women were suddenly fascinated by every word I had to say, I’d certainly want to make up for lost time.

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Why pick on Spacey women have done the same thing as men. Guess he was unlucky.

10. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Weirdly enough there are a lot of women who apparently find Spacey irresistible.

Must be a George Michael thing.

11. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

I watched the series boss with Kelsey grammar . Which I thought was awesome Is this series better than that one.

Jim N. likes this.
  12. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Details of Kevin Spacey Inquiry in Massachusetts Are Released

"An 18-year-old man told detectives in Massachusetts last year that the actor Kevin Spacey unzipped his pants and rubbed his genitalia in a sexual manner “for about three minutes” after 1 a.m. at a crowded bar in Nantucket in July 2016 — and that while this was occurring, the man sent video of the exchange through Snapchat to his girlfriend"

There's always time for Snapchat.

alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

End of the day what's the big deal.

Ghostworld likes this.
  14. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

The bar that happened in is a pretty well known gay hangout.

alexpop and Ghostworld like this.
  15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Hell, three minutes. I hope the kid had the common courtesy to...

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Osato and alexpop like this.
  16. alexpop

Probably a body part double. :D

Osato and Ghostworld like this.
  17. alexpop

Hollywood these days is like 1950s witch hunt all over again.

Osato likes this.
  18. alexpop

Community service, knuckles wrapped. But, he shouldn't be deprived of his livelihood!!!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Ghostworld likes this.
  19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Exactly therapy, sensitivity training, how to be an international film star without being overly frisky…

alexpop likes this.
  20. alexpop

Can he start a new series and do community service at the same time?

21. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

Tony Danza did that during the early seasons of Who's the Boss?.

alexpop likes this.
  22. Hated the last season (although it did have some good moments) and hated the ending. A disappointing ending to a series that had many terrific moments.

GMfan87' and Osato like this.
  23. What difference does that make? If I tried that with an 18 year old girl in any bar in Mass I would expect to be arrested if caught.

I guess I just cant shed much of a tear for Kevin. He was apparently unpleasant to work with (attested to by many who had the 'privilege' to work with him) and still had a very good run of work in motion pictures. There are plenty of other talented actors who would love a chance at some of the roles he will no longer be able to get. So long Kevin.

GodShifter and Deesky like this.
  24. alexpop

What did he do ?

25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Good girls say “No.” I remember I was out with some friends at a gay bar and I got hit on by a guy who put his arms around me and I just said “I’m sorry I’m not gay” and that was that. To me there’s a big difference between being assaulted in the back alley and letting someone keep their hand on your privates for three minutes while singing with them at a piano without maybe saying “Yo!”

realkilroy, delmonaco and Osato like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.