‘House of Cards’ Resumes Production, With Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

What was the last season like without Frank?

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

If he's speaking as Frank Underwood, isn't that character the intellectual property of the show's writers and producers?

At least he wasn't doing Francis Urquhart...

3. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

This guy gets it. You don't put yourself in that situation if you're appalled by it.

Not really - he doesn't mention Frank Underwood or use any HOC imagery beyond the title of the video - "Let Me Be Frank" - which is a common turn of phrase.

alexpop likes this.
  4. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

6. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Really? Just stop.

Deesky likes this.
  7. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

Can't handle someone challenging a witch hunt?

realkilroy, delmonaco and alexpop like this.
  8. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Dreadful - although IMHO the show became irrelevant after the 2016 election. Not making a partisan argument; it's just that the political scene shifted so radically at that time, it made the Underwoods' political maneuvering seem quaint. So much of what Frank (and then Claire) did, as bad as it was, was all about maneuvering around Congress, getting leverage on people, and so on. In other words, the Underwoods were about doing what they wanted while maintaining the appearance of political normalcy - but with Trump's election the appearance of political normalcy was revealed not to be necessary after all.

Again, not making a partisan point here; talking about the political zeitgeist.

Rooster_Ties, 905, misterbozz and 4 others like this.
  9. alexpop

Best to get season 1-5 then by the looks of it.

tmtomh likes this.
  10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The final season is awful. Or at least the first four episodes are. I gave up after that. It's not just that tossing Frank changes the dynamic of the show. It's that this final season is poorly written.

Gardo and tmtomh like this.
  11. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

He's not "challenging a witch hunt," he's basically saying that groping people against their will is no "big deal."

12. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

The last 4 episodes were even worse:(

Gardo and mrjinks like this.
  13. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Clearly rush-written after Spacey's sudden termination (which happened, as I recall, after they'd already begun filming the new season?).

In rushing a completely new storyline, they lost all of the subtlety and intrigue of seasons past. This season totally clubbed the audience over the head with all of its plot points.

Daedalus likes this.
  14. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

the finale of the season before was so bad, i don't think i would have watched the last season even if spacey had been in it.

tmtomh likes this.
  15. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

It’s as if the writers had to come up with something in the wake of Spacey’s departure and failed miserably. Granted there have been some plot-stretching moments in past seasons, but this last season felt like a parody of what came before, it just happened to have many of the same actors on screen, which made it an even more odd experience.

Gardo likes this.
  16. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

It is definitely a “cartoon”.

17. Clean up his image? Where are the REAL proves that he molested this guy,that guy or whatever? At the same place that the proves that Michael Jackson molested that kid named Jordan in the 1990's? The Jordan kid is not a kid anymore and after Jackson's death he confessed that Jackson never molested him, that all was a plot by his parents to get money. But everybody turned their backs on Jackson without any real proves,the end of the story, you know it.
    I'm not saying that Speacy is inocent or that he may end up like Michael Jackson (I'm sure Speacey has more stable and strong personality than Jackson), but until a trial is finished with a guilty sentence Mr. Speacy should still be for us movie lovers what he is, a great actor.
    I'm from Spain and I think this is more or less the same on most European countries, we have a different concept of morality, we need proves, real proves and guilty sentence to really judge an actor or a singer, and in most cases we don't care much about his/her personal life.
    Personally, I don't give a S#¡t about Mr. Speacy's sexual life.

18. Largely bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.