Houses of the Holy target Buy It Now

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by KeithH, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

2. stevef

stevef Senior Member

3. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

and I thought I paid allot for mine :eek:

4. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

VG+ condition - I don't want to know what a mint copy would cost. I will settle for my cheaper non-target version.

5. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Uhhh. These can still be found in the used bin for under $10, at least here in the city. Is this really a fair price?

6. eelkiller

HOTH + Target = Big Bucks - It is the collectible pressing (along with the 32XD Japan for Japan).

Same mastering as the USA discs.

7. George Blair

Ah. Didn't realize this meant West German pressing. Any reason to have this over the original US ?

8. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

This is the 'first' pressing of this ahead of the 32XD.

The 20P2 third pressings regularly sell here for 25 - 35 USD (no OBI, up to 50USD with OBI) so this is not unreasonable for this disc IMHO.

As Barry has said they are all the same mastering, however, this is definately a collectible.

9. eelkiller

None, unless you are a serious collector of Zep. The original US will do you just fine. I picked up a 20P2 Japan disc only because I do collect discs from that country.

10. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Barry talking about digitally identical discs:

I have a Zep II on Specialty (Made in U.S.A. by WEA Manuracturing Inc.) and I didn't think it was quite as good as the 32XD, but next chance I get I will shoot them out again.

I've heard "identical" CDs that clearly do not sound the same (and others that do sound identical). Barry Diament gave me some great advice answering my questions (when I was trying to find answers about "Lift" - see avatar) to help me set up my system properly. My system may not be "audiophile", but it has good imaging. Some of the differences I hear in the imaging are lost if I push the speakers closer to the wall and the music doesn't sounds as good.

11. Red

Red Forum Resident

The HOTH WG target went for 10 bucks on eBay recently, and I forgot (!) to bid!!! Lots of cursing, lots...

12. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The HOTH target does not seem to be that rare, but it is in demand because of Zep collectors. I have the target, the 32XD and the 20P2, and they all sound the same to me.

13. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident

Sorry - I was the one who got that (it was for $11.50). The disc is in rough shape, but playable. It looks like the edges of the disk were ground down or something. It also makes a lot of noise when spinning in the player.

14. George Blair

So, if I were browsing the used CD section what would I look for to indicate the pressing plant? Does "Made in U.S.A. by WEA Manuracturing Inc." mean it is from Specialty?

15. ricks

ricks Senior Member

matrix will have SRC in it.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.