Houston/Austin used CD stores

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by TSmithPage, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member Thread Starter

Business will bring me to Houston and then Austin, TX at the end of this month. I'll have a rental car. Are there any "can't miss" used CD stores I need to use my neverlost guidance system to track down while in these areas? I realize Houston is HUGE city, so I'm interested in hitting areas with large concentrations of used music stores to save on time if possible. Likewise, I suspect that the University of Texas campus would be the best place to look for used CDs in Austin, right?

2. Publius

Publius Forum Resident

Yeah, I hear there's a Half Price Books close to the Drag (Guadalupe) with a really sweet vinyl selection. Dunno about CDs and I haven't been there myself (yet). Waterloo Records has a servicable used CD selection. I guess your best bet in Austin could be Cheap Discs - again, haven't ventured over there yet.

3. DavidinAustin

DavidinAustin New Member

In Austin:
    That Half-Price store moved from the university area to 45th and Lamar, but I always find it pretty hit-and-miss w/ regard to music. All the good university stores have shut down in the last couple of years. The store with the largest selection is Cheapo, at Lamar (a major street) near 12th. Just up the road is our famous independent store, Waterloo, which has a much smaller used CD selection, but there's usually something good there.

4. chargrove

chargrove Forum Resident

Everybody remember the awesome Austin Record Convention is the last weekend of this month! They SOLD OUT dealer space and brought in many New Orleans dealers who don't normally do this show...50,000 square feet of music!!! I can't wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.