How can I ship an item sold here to a different address (not on PayPal acct.)?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by badfinger54, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member Thread Starter

A potential Canadian customer on here would want me to ship the item to Connecticut since he will be visiting relatives there next week. I know PayPal seller protection can be voided if you ship to a different address.

Between the two of us we can't figure out how to add the address. I have posted on PayPal (tonight) and Google'd. You CAN ship to a different address if you have an online store, etc. and the customer can specify where they want it shipped.

I looked at "Request Money" on PayPal, but it is so streamlined now there is nothing about shipping address. The "Generate an invoice" thing didn't help me much and I have never used it. I saw nothing about shipping address.

He has a Canadian account and an American account, but as of today his American one won't let him purchase from it, but he can transfer funds. Maybe because of trying to add/change address.

Can anyone help with some info or advice? I have no reason not to trust him, but I was ALMOST burned by a guy before on an original comic art sale. Thankfully a PayPal rep called me and let me know as much as he could and I did not go through with the sale. That person wanted it shipped to a different address "so his wife wouldn't see him buying more art"). He was already in some kind of trouble with them.

Basically, how can I safely ship an item ($200+) to an address not NOW on his PayPal account? "This" is not eBay, etc., so it is a person-to-person transaction.

It would not let him add a US address to his Canadian account.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Right here, dude. This lets you create your own shipping label from scratch.

3. badfinger54

I know how to print labels through PayPal, but I would probably not be
    protected by PayPal by shipping to a different address.

I prefer to be protected. Seems like there should be way if the buyer can add an address.

4. badfinger54

Or specify another address to be shipped to.

5. badfinger54

BINGO! Someone on the PayPal Community site told me to have the person paying (and I tried it myself) select NO ADDRESS NEEDED as the choice at the bottom before sending payment. It showed up on my trial effort.

Dave and Tjazz like this.
  6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Are you protected with this option?

7. badfinger54

Based on what was stated in two different answers on the PayPal Community Board. Since the buyer chooses that 'choice,' it was up to them. It also had "Add another address" as the final choice, but his Canadian PayPal account was not going to let him ADD a US address. So, basically I will be printing his label like you suggested and like I do for folks who pay the Friends way (NOT on here...Facebook or person-to-person deals with folks who know me for other stuff I may sell). I won't be trying to go around the 'on file' account address that he paid the Goods way with since he made the "No Address Needed" choice.

I was not aware of that whatsoever. I read that a buyer could easily select another address to ship to in a "Checkout" online situation. When eBay owned PayPal I don't think they let folks do that on an eBay purchase unless they also added that address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.