How do you listen to your digital files in your stereo?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Pizza, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Speakers.

The Pinhead and PhilBiker like this.

2. Thanks for posting this.

Decent price on Amazon UK - going to give it a try.

Best Wishes,
    David

PhilBiker likes this.
  3. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Aurender -> Devialet -> Speakers

freesole and EricMack like this.
  4. Rukiki

Rukiki Forum Resident

Bought a bluetooth receiver for around 20 euros/usd. It goes into the amplifier via red/white RCA cables.

Jeff Kent likes this.
  5. jukeboxscratch

jukeboxscratch Active Member

External HD w/2TB flac files > Windows 10 PC w PPA card > Schitt Modi > Teac AI 2000 > Totem Forest

6. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

A single 8tb hard drive hooked up to a nice PC running asset upnp dlna server. I can play the audio on any device in my house. On my main audio system I have a Cambridge Audio 851n as my streaming audio device.

7. vinnn

vinnn Forum Resident

Raspberry Pi 3 with Allo Boss DAC+case running Volumio. Controlled by the Volumio app on tablet.

Plays all my digital library stored on the NAS and integrates Qobuz, Spotify & internet radio. The Allo Boss is a great sounding DAC.

8. JumpinJimF

JumpinJimF Still perfecting ways of making sealing wax

NAS is a Raspberry Pi (with a 2TB USB drive) running Openmediavault which includes Minidlna server for flacs and mp3.

Ethernet to:
    Onkyo C-N7050 CD Streamer then coax to Nad D3020
    or to:
    Denon AVRX2500H Receiver

Or WiFi to:
    Roberts radio/streamer (in the bathroom)
    Or to:
    iPhone/iPad (mconnect DLNA app) + Headphones

All flacs and mp3s backed up to Dropbox so can be accessed anywhere on phone.

mp3s also copied to 256GB USB stick for the car.

9. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

PLEX app on my iPhone and Philips 50"OLED TV, Denon Amplituner, works like a charm, All losless of course.

10. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

Lat time I looked at plex for DLNA it would not stream lossless, has that changed?

11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I was using a Raspberry Pi based unit with a hard drive (and Volumio) as a digital source but the drive was causing noise problems throughout my system.

So, I ditched it and went back to a life with no digital source.

12. KenJ

KenJ Forum Resident

iPad controls Roon core on i7 Pc usb (hdmi for MC) to emotiva xmc-1 pre/pro with MPs-1 amps to speakers

Pc in a closet. Cable thru wall to a/v gear

Pc has big drives and external BU drives

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    StateOfTheArt likes this.
  13. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I used to use an iPod Classic through a Wadia dock. Now I have a Cambridge Auido streamer with an external hard drive. I like this set up better because I can use my phone or iPad as an interface.

14. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Not quite sure, I don't stream per se as I use my PC as the host of loseless files and then I use powerline networking to connect the host to my amplituner which is connected to TV with PLEX app.

15. spartree

spartree Forum Resident

I just upgraded to an Audio Note DAC 3.1x/II Balanced which does not have a USB input, so I’ve ordered a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF2 which I will use to convert the USB from my Mac Mini audio server to AES/EBU. Hope it works out.

I’d like to eventually swap the Mac out for something a little more fit for purpose like the Roon Nucleus or Aurender, but for the moment the Mac should be fine.

16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

At the moment: PC > Headphones
    Played via Winamp with custom pre-amp. Audio (WAV and FLAC) stored on a 4TB Western Digital drive.

17. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Pretty sure it does lossless. Doesn't seem to do multichannel FLAC correctly however. I will post back if either is incorrect the next time I am at my PC. Plex is really good for video but not so much for audio.

18. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Not sure how I answered this before but I now have my files on a NAS RAID and I listen using DLNA clients. Here I'm listening to the high resolution download version of Paul McCartney's "Red Rose Speedway" from the recent box set using the DLNA client built in to my Marantz home theater receiver.

[​IMG]

andrewskyDE likes this.
  19. Johnny Action

Johnny Action Forum President

How do you navigate the files? Is your Oppo connected to a tv monitor?

20. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

DLNA is a pretty underused protocol, I used it was well and it works so good. I only wish their was a way to allow DLNA through the internet so I could access my DLNA library on the road.

PhilBiker likes this.
  21. freesole

freesole Forum Resident

I used to stream Tidal/Quboz from Roon on my PS Audio Directstream Junior which sounded so good to my ears (particularly after the Snowmass update). Today I brought home the Lumin T2. This will likely supplant my DSJ so it will either go on sale or go to my desktop setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oboogie, Kyhl and SirMarc like this.
  22. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

I'm enjoying my files today on AKG K702 headphones. USB from Windows computer to PS Audio Digital Link III, Shanling PH300 headphone amp.

[​IMG]

Kyhl likes this.
  23. Dinglehead

Dinglehead Well-Known Member

All Tidal through my Yamaha receiver, all the time. It's so easy.

24. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

Apple Music on dedicated iPad > Audioengine B1 Bluetooth DAC > Receiver

25. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

iMac > Audirvana software > RME Babyface interface > Neumann KH 120 powered monitors. Sublime. Revealing but not always forgiving. Just the way I like it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.