How Many Albums (any form) Did You Buy This Year?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuco, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wufnpoof

Wufnpoof Well-Known Member

About 30 CDs and a few LPs (most of the LPs I bought never actually reached me :shake: )

2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

"I promise to cut back next year."

what?!? why?

not me. I'm promising to buy more. if, when I die, there's any credit left on my cards, I'm gonna be mighty annoyed, I am.

3. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Probably around 200. Actually, I really don't want to think about it because it scares me. :)

Jeff

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

easily 100+. their should be a column for 1,000+ :D

5. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

don't think of it as buying too many records; think of it as an investment. if nothing else, having a huge record collection always impresses the babes. nothing girls like more than a big collection of audiophile CDs and a high-end transport.

well, maybe a huge comic book collection. :) but, other than that, nothin' beats obsessive record collecting! works better than Spanish Fly, it does.

or, to quote Martin (in the episode where they get a pool) "more, more, more I say! hang those who speak of less!"

6. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

2004: 500 LP's (or more...)
    around 100 cd's
    plus dvd's, SACD's, and a ton of (over 300?) laserdiscs

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

So chicks dig the "LONG BALL" and a "LARGE record collection"!! Sell the Porsche buy vinyl :D

8. kevin

kevin Senior Member

i'd say 100-200+ cd's

9. Monsieur Gadbois

Monsieur Gadbois Senior Member

At least 0.2k, mostly Lps, very little reissues thou.....

10. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Exactly 62 for me.

11. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

Not many new releases, but lost of reissues and used LPs. Probably somewhere between 50-75. I have heard them all.

How about another poll on what percentage of purchases were actually listened to??

OOPS, I just remembered that I "bought" about 350 lps from a customer of mine who happened to mention that he was going to dump all his lps at the flea market. He only let me give him $40 bucks total for all of them. He kept bringing me boxes over the course of about two weeks, but he wouldn't take any more money! I have only heard around fifty of these LPs... I did make him promise to split any profits I might make if I ever sold any of them.

12. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

What Ben E. said.

:D

I just bought 10 albums this weekend. :eek:

13. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Same here!

I probably bought about 20-30 CDs.

14. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

Way over 100, easy! That's all I'm going to admit to. :D

15. James RD

James RD Senior Member

Me, too! I really have no idea how many I bought. Well...I think I probably buy two or three per week, except when I buy more. ;)

I think I'll count em for '05. Just for the heck of it. And for next year's poll.

16. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Going to have to plead the 5th on this poll! :D

17. Well, a few CD's (maybe 5-10), some SACD's (20?) and tons of vinyl (several hundred, but who's counting). Most used, since there aren't that many places to get new vinyl at a reasonable price here in Calgary.

Jonathan

18. LAL

LAL Forum Resident

About 250 with 100+ CDs still in their plastic wrap. Roughly 40% not listened to. :sigh:

No LPs though. :laugh:

19. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

Me too...

20. Elegy

Elegy Forum Resident

75 - 100

That's about right. Eight CD's a month. Give or take.

I wish I had the expendible cash some of y'all apparantly have.

21. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

I fall comfortably into the 100+ category too :D

22. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

About two to three a week...yup, that works out to more than 100, doesn't it?

23. Gregory Earl

Gregory Earl Senior Member

I don`t like threads like this because it makes me stop and think about all the money I spend late at night while half sauced out of my head scanning ebay trying to justify buying a second copy of something I already have because it`s in better condition and or a cheaper price or it`s the mono version, or a first pressing, or I just plain forgot I have it because it`s still in the box it came in 6 months ago, which happens more times than I think.

Yeah. High 200`s. :help:

24. :agree: I spent a couple of days last week trying to find SMiLE on vinyl. No one in town has it. If they did, I'm sure it would have cost an arm and a leg to get it. To avoid going through withdrawl I grabbed Steve's Nat "King" Cole - Just One Of Those Things. Cost me close to $50. CDN.

This year I acquired 10 LPs from eBay auctions or "Buy It Now", mostly Beatles, and two CDs including Steve's Billie Holiday - From The Original Decca Tapes CD.

My LP purchases this year outside of eBay wer mostly used like Jonathan, and too many to count. My new vinyl purchases were all Steve including Roy Orbison, Eva Cassidy and Nat King Cole.

Most of my new CD purchases this year (around 50) were reissues, remasters, box sets. The Cure, Paul Westerberg and Brian Wilson were three of the only "new" albums I purchased this year on CD.

25. Togo

Togo Same as it ever was

12 actual CD purchases, 5 CD gifts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.