How many systems do you have in your place?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by radioalien, Feb 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

Thanks for the reply. May I ask what were your measurement considerations for how much thickness, dimensions of the platform.
    For instance, I have 3/4" hardwood boards under mine. It was arbitrary as I just had some left over from another project. I cut them to the speaker cabinet dimensions thinking that excess might cause some form of reflection.
    I also thought it would tighten up the bass as they are on carpet and spikes seemed liked they would transmit vibration and resonance through the floor. They did. I removed them.
    So, the board. I got even better response by putting 2x2 antivibration pads between the feet and board. That and some vertical tilt. Supremely happy with the results. Not perfect but pretty good.

Tim 2 likes this.
  2. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

I meant to compliment you on how kool they look, too.

3. doctor fuse

doctor fuse Forum Resident

4 systems. Soon to be 5.

1. Main system in living room
    2. Second system in living room, always changing with free and cheap gear I can't seem to stop myself from acquiring
    3. Bedroom system
    4. Attic bedroom system
    [5. Future basement system as I clean in up]

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Three
    Living room Large Advents/Yamaha stereo amp
    Office/man cave/only tv in house 5.1 Polk/Klipsch/Denon receiver/Oppo player
    Patio Pioneer Elite receiver/vintage JBLs

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

One, but I have enough gear for 3. Trying to sell some of it but nobody wants it:(

6. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I have a main system that is in a dedicated room upstairs and takes up the entire room, between the gear and records; overflow of records in an adjacent room that we use as an office, and the record cleaning is set up in a utility area in another part of that floor.
    Downstairs, I have a vintage system comprised of mostly equipment I bought back in the early '70s. There is also a separate small-ish home theatre system in there where we watch movies and stream TV series (currently watching Warrior season II).
    I also have some equipment that isn't connected- a now vintage ARC Dual 75a amp that I bought new and isn't in use right now, a pair of old Decca ribbon super tweeters that need to be repaired, and a few other odds and ends that are packed and stored.

7. MikeMusic

MikeMusic Forum Resident

Main room : All TAD wonder system CD/Pre/DAC, Power and E1s
    Kitchen diner : Pioneer CD, SMSL Amp, Monitor Audio Speakers
    Bedroom : Pioneer CD, Revox G36 currently, SMSL Amp, Linn Saras
    Office : Pioneer CD, PC, Chord Integrated, Linn Isobariks
    Russ Andrews RAVE amp and speakers the boss has connected to her PC

Not including the laptop with headphones

8. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I used a page from Michael Green's book, he's and expert on such matters. I didn't build them as big as he recommenced do to room constraints. The bigger and heavier the better. He uses specialty woods as per the application.
    He also has an audio chat site.

9. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Only one midfi system here.For years I only had a simple system consisting of a CD player integrated amp and bookshelf speakers.I added a record player and blu ray player in recent years.

10. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

Bigger? Wow!

Tim 2 likes this.
  11. izeek

izeek Drums, pulleeez!

Could I trouble you for the title, please.

Tim 2 likes this.
  12. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Three. Two in my bedroom and the main setup in the living room. A Sherwood receiver (with phono) is the radio tuner I use, and it's closest to my bed where I repose. I also have an mp3 player hooked up to it.

Then I have a JVC amp and a JVC 5 disc changer CD player in the other half of the bedroom (it's rather large), where I also have two turntables setup (one for the bedroom, one routed to the living area). The Sherwood uses old Sony home theater speakers; the JVC uses old AKAI boombox 3-way bass reflex speakers. Works for me.

Usually though I listen to most all the music in the living room area. Yamaha home theater AVR with Sony blu-ray and Pioneer multi format players.
    Polk speakers all around.

13. vinyl_puppy

vinyl_puppy Der Weaselschnitzel

2. 2 channel and records in my bedroom, home theatre system in the living room.

14. ukrules

ukrules Forum Resident

Ditto from me. I have one hifi "system" for enjoying music. It's in the basement along with my home office. Even pre-COVID, I worked from home 50% so it gets used a lot. The setup is turning 15 this year. Just a CDP, Integrated, Speakers. Now that I will likely be working from home basically full-time, I've added an Airport Express for streaming to mix things up during the day. Although, it feels like an imposter :winkgrin:

Else, I have various ways of playing music casually no different that everyone else. I've toyed with the idea of adding a dedicated headphone setup since I no longer use headphones at work. But I think it would just sit there unused (like an exercise machine, etc.)

timind likes this.
  15. Tim 2

Tim 2 MORE MUSIC PLEASE

I meant " a page from Michael Green's book " figuratively.
    Try his forum, he's very attentive about answering question's. Super nice guy, always very helpful.

16. Francois1968

Francois1968 Forum Resident

One serious 2 channel stereo system, but with 2 turntables. ;) I don't count streaming with an IPhone over Bluetooth speaker as a system......

17. House de Kris

House de Kris VVell-known member

I'll say six. My great room has my main system and a smaller system for when I don't feel like turning everything on. My studio has four, one on the mixer, one on the computer, one for playback, and a fun one with a tube amp.

I don't count any outdoor systems since they are typically discombobulated a few days after setting up.

18. Sterling1

Sterling1 Forum Resident

Two systems in one room.
    1. OPPO-205>Sony TA-P9000ES multi-channel preamp>Sony TA-N9000ES multi-channel power amp for 5.1 entertainment
    2, Stereo analog/digital source components>Parasound P6 2.1 preamp>Sony TA-P9000ES bypass input[​IMG] >Sony TA-N9000ES for 2.1 entertainment

Andy Saunders likes this.
  19. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I have my main dedicated listening room/system.
    My living room’s TV is paired to a receiver with a pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers and SVS sub.
    My home studio with Dynaudio monitors.
    I also have a set of powered Peachtree speakers that I can place anywhere.
    There’s also a nice Bluetooth speaker we alternate placing between our indoor gym and the gym we have on our outdoor deck overlooking the mountains.

20. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

21. heyMo

heyMo Forum Resident

2 in my "man room" with a 2 channel and a 5.1 set up
    1 5.1 in the living room
    1 2 channel in the bed room
    2 Sonos Play 1's
    1 Bluetooth speaker which follows me into the garage or out on the patio
    --
    4 with 3 wannabe's

22. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

TV room & Dining room

3 ~ if you count outside in the backyard when I open the windows and crank it up...... :D

23. JakeMcD

JakeMcD Forum Resident

Had 6, then consolidated two homes to one in November. Now have 3 systems (LR/Office/Garage) and the other three in the boxes. Do dedicated headphone stations count? Then add a couple. What's wrong with all of us?

24. lplover

lplover Forum Resident

2 (LP only in living room and CD only in office) ;)

25. Martin Takamine

Martin Takamine Forum Resident

One main 2-channel system plus a few others. (photos in my profile)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.