How Many Times Have You Seen Bohemian Rhapsody?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 2141, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Interesting phenomenon happening now.

To encourage repeated viewings here in NJ, theaters are advertising that certain showings they will allow the audience to sing and express themselves during the film.

Pretty extraordinary showing of love and appreciation for Freddie,
    regardless of what one thinks of the film.

Man at C&A likes this.
  2. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Zero times.

3. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

4. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

5. aficionaudio

aficionaudio Forum Resident

Fox67 likes this.
  6. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

7. I haven't seen it. I'm a big Queen fan but I guess I'm not a big BS docudrama movie buff.

8. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Once......however the above is blatantly true and hard to ignore.

I actually though I may come away from the film with a desire to buy lots more Queen music.....instead I purchased a Maria Callas box set (her music appears in the film as well).....

9. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Zero and never will.

oldsurferdude likes this.
  10. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Thought the confusion in the timeline would hinder my ability to enjoy the film, it did a bit. As I walked out of the theater with my family that soon faded. I felt lucky to be able to expose my kids too some wonderful music that I grew up with. The work they created should never be forgotten, so Freddie had long hair while singing Fat Bottom Girls prior to A Night at the Opera being released. :) As someone mentioned already hearing this music in a theater is worth the price alone, just close your eyes.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Efus and Man at C&A like this.
  11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

gotcha, but I'll take it as a "movie"...

weekendtoy likes this.
  12. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I finally saw the Bohemian Rhapsody movie. I really like Queen but, the movie should have been a TV movie. Nothing earth shattering here and it's a movie I wouldn't have to see again.

13. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Still 0

14. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Zero. I only watch films via streaming or renting DVDs from Netflix. I haven't noticed it being available yet.

It's also not a genre that I particularly care for--in general, I'm not a fan of biopics, (just plain old) dramas, or fiction musicals that don't have "genre film" elements (including comedy), but I will watch it eventually just because I like Queen a lot.

I'm primarily a "genre film" fan, though. (Using "genre film" the way that magazines like Fangoria, Starlog, etc. used to use that term.) A big percentage of the sorts of films that are rewarded by the Oscars (and the like) are not my type of film.

15. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

0, will wait on Blu-Ray release

16. Less than once.

17. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

Zero.

I have never been able to endure listening to Queen's music, and I can't imagine why I would want to see a film centered around it. If it floats your boat, more power to you.

18. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

I saw it, and was quite not impressed. Definitely not all the oscar nominations worthy.

J_D__ likes this.
  19. mretrain

mretrain Forum Resident

That's becoming quite a standard thing for "musical" films now though, and not at all unique to BR. The Greatest Showman, for example, was heading towards being a fairly major commercial failure - at least in Europe - until they started doing "sing-a-long screenings"...

mtvgeneration and Efus like this.
  20. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

zero.

If the movie was about Queen II, I'd been there on day one

Christian Hill likes this.
  21. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Never heard of it, although did the Rocky Horror thing back in the day a couple times, until this film.
    I dont think they did that for Greatest Showman here in the States, it was just a straight up flop.

So besides BR and Showman, what other films did they sing along to in Europe?

22. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

23. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

It's not being done out of love of anything other than money

24. Anonamemouse

Anonamemouse my other pink shirt is black too

I am quite European, view the odd film at the cinema, but have never been to a "sing along screening"... Never knew this existed even.

Efus likes this.
  25. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I didnt get that from the young ladies they interviewed on tv here in Jersey.
    They seemed genuinely excited by it, Freddie, and from what I gathered asked the theater to do it.

But I get yr point, behind every youth phenomenon theres an adult turning a buck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.