DCC Archive How much money would DCC need (aka would you invest in DCC)?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by trhunnicutt, Dec 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member Thread Starter

SEE POST BELOW...

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Tom Hunnicutt ]

2. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Hi Tom,

I'd personally prefer that we give this topic a rest, for a couple of reasons:

A) it's none of our business
    B) I personally don't think it is in good taste to discuss a company's finances on their own bulletin board.

3. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member Thread Starter

While I understand your hesitation to continue the discussion, I guess I should have been more direct on what I was thinking. It wasn't to "air" family secrets, but to try and get creative to unstick the logjam re: financing.

While this is very simplistic, it has been done before in many industries. Private equity financing spread over a number of smaller investors.

Let's say DCC needs $500K to get rolling.

On this board, alone, we have an audience of ~300 very dedicated people who not only care about the past product (which wasn't cheap) but really want more produced.

There are a ton of scenarios. Here's just one.

- $250K from a single investor, plus an average of ~$1K from each member of this discussion board to own a piece of DCC.

Personally, I'd put in more than $1K if it freed up Steve to remaster and release more titles, especially some 70's soul on LP like Marvin Gaye or Barry White, which isn't available anywhere from any company.

So, the post wasn't a troll, and if others don't want to respond or reply, I can understand.

I should have titled the post "Would you invest in DCC?". I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.