How to connect my Monoprice headphone amp to my Yamaha receiver?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by elegantcaste, Nov 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elegantcaste

elegantcaste Member Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I know this question has been asked before (I've looked through the other threads for the answer to this and can't find one that works for me), but I've asked everyone I know and been all over Reddit to no avail.

I have a Monoprice 11157 headphone amp (cheap, I know) and I'm wanting to use it with my Yamaha RX-V659 A/V receiver. As of right now, I have the headphone amp wired via RCA from the REC/Out on my receiver to AUX-IN on my amp. It plays my turntable with no issue whatsoever (and honestly, sounds beautiful), but when I try to select other sources (tape deck, CD player, tuner), I hear absolutely nothing. I've tried using the pre-outs on my receiver and got no sound whatsoever, I've played around with the inputs on my amp, and I've got nothing. How exactly should I set this up?

Here's a link to the owner's manual for the A/V receiver, and on page 15 of the PDF (pg 11 of the manual) there's a diagram of the rear panel with all listed in/outs.

I would really appreciate your guys' help!

2. Apesbrain

Apesbrain Forum Resident

This is correct. P. 51 of the owners manual covers recording; seems straight-forward.

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Is there a record monitor button on your receiver? If so maybe this is set incorrectly? Just a guess on my part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.