How To Tell If Your Beatles Stereo Box Is A Fake

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by linclink, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. den0iZer

den0iZer Forum Resident

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

3. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

If you have a keen eye you can see the shape of the lettering of the two Wild Honey Pies on the inner sleeve of the White Album as shown in Mike The Fish's pics early in this thread.

[​IMG]

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I was looking for spelling errors, and it's hard to make things out. Thanks, though.

5. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

"4 Rain 5 Lady 5 Lady Madonna 6" typo on "Past Masters" too.

[​IMG]

6. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

7. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

Was that part of a set?

I slipped up earlier - Mike's fake box with B4 on the moulds is, of course, stereo.

8. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

I went on that DIY website a few days ago and sent a message to "Amy" the sales manager inquiring about the authenticity of the Beatles box sets they were selling. The response was "Sorry this cannot confirmed."

9. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:eek::eek::eek:
    Unbelievable...

10. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Well, I was surprised that she even responded. I also provided her with evidence that the sets were counterfeit and that she should not be surprised if EMI dispatched the four Beatles to China to bring down their operation.

11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I would not threaten them with vaguely veiled threats, they might send their own "fab four" to your door.

:laugh:

12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

:yikes:

13. Adular Zech

Adular Zech Forum Resident

...in order to do some pretty Dipilal Pematter to you :laugh:

And we already know their names:

Paul MCCarirmy
    George Harrisun
    Paul McCariney
    and of course Ringo Start :laugh:

14. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

Two pensioners and two dead guys. That will really scare the triads. :laugh:

15. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

In case all those vague conspiracy theories (I didn't follow en detai)l are true, which i don't believe .- way too much work to copy the artwork for all 13 cd's of the box set on a very high level of printings - and not that much of a profit if you only sell 100.00 copies - the counterfeit people are not part of the industry at all.
    So why should they give a second thought ? That would be like expecting the local Mobster to appreictae that he is harming the tax payers/government. I bet that will bring him countless sleepless nights..LOL...

16. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

Are you sure that they are counterfeits ? I mean they outsource everything to China, so why not pressing large quantities of very expensive box sets in large quantities ? The time it takes to manufacture all those Beatles Box sets will surely block many other EMI acts, that are supposed to get a proper release date and need to be delivered on time ?
    Has someone made contact with a real authority EMI spokes person ?
    and why should they simply ignore this ? Seems pretty unlikely, they will know of the exitance of these 100.000 or ore copies for sure - esp. when they press their identy codes on the 'counterfeits' ...but what do i know..

17. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

We are sure that they are counterfeits, for several reasons:

1. The boxsets claim to have been made in the EU but have Chinese IFPI codes, which incidentally don't match any known EMI codes.

2. They originally appeared in December, two months after the release date.

3. They are littered with spelling errors which real copies don't have.

4. The DVD appears to be a Gold DVD-R job.

18. Raidersfan

Raidersfan Forum Resident

I'd hate to see this item cut sales from the originals, yet somehow it doesn't surprise me this has occured. Might end up becoming a bizarre collector's item all by itself.
    BTW..I have a 09-09-09 sampler, says made in EU. Is this real, or was it also counterfeit?

19. Raidersfan

Raidersfan Forum Resident

20. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Those are probably real. I have one. It looks like this, pictured on eBay

[​IMG]

It's a nice piece to inaugurate the set.

Harry

21. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

very interesting video... only remark: comparing the fake set to a legit UK set (not US set) the differences would have been harder to detect, when it comes to the text on the back. Let's remember that the fake set tries to replicate the UK set.

22. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

Not much use to be honest. The fakes aim to copy the UK set, not the US one. This sort of thing just spreads confusion...

23. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

My point too, when she speaks about the text on the back (FBI logo and so on) it might really confuse people who don't know much about the UK/US differences. The early part of the video is interesting though (fuzziness, different colour of the font, etc).

24. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

+1

25. KennyG

KennyG Forum Resident

What concerns me is that the font colour comparison is that pictures posted in this thread indicate that there is no difference between the fake and a UK set in that respect. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.