How would you rate all Star Wars movies?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by antonkk, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

All 3 of the original movies A+!!

I havent seen anything newer and dont want to.....

2. primitivesludge

primitivesludge Forum Resident

in all humility I say this

Star Wars 8
    Empire 8
    Return of the Jedi 6

Phantom Menace 3
    Attack of the Clones 4
    Revenge of the Sith 4

The Force Awakens 5
    The Last Jedi 4
    The Rise of Skywalker 3

Rogue One 3
    Solo 5

3. Jord

Jord Forum Resident

Star Wars: 7/10
    The Empire Strikes Back: 7/10
    Return of the Jedi: 6/10.

The Phantom Menace: 7/10.
    Attack of the Clones: 6/10.
    Revenge of the Sith: 8/10.

The Force Awakens: 7/10.
    The Last Jedi: 5/10.
    The Rise of Skywalker: 3/10.

Rogue One: 5/10.
    Solo: 5/10.

4. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

The original trilogy was fun. They should have stopped there.

5. I agree!

6. Jerk The Handle

Jerk The Handle Electrician

Empire 10/10
    Star Wars 9/10
    Jedi 7/10

What others? :confused:

7. BillyBudapest'sPajamas

BillyBudapest'sPajamas Forum Resident

A New Hope 9/10
    The Empire Strikes Back 10/10
    Return of the Jedi 9/10

The Phantom Menace 4/10
    Attack of the Clones 5/10
    Revenge of the Sith 6/10

The Force Awakens 7/10
    The Last Jedi 6/10
    The Rise of Skywalker 6/10

Curveboy and FACE OF BOE like this.
  8. 16hz lover

16hz lover Forum Resident

watched only the first one and thought it was so ridiculous, I never watched another one

9. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

Here's a fun comment I saw on youtube, for all those Ewok haters:

As cute as the Ewoks LOOK, consider how UNCUTE they actually are:

1.Their leader is wearing as a hat the skull of a massive predator. It has teeth, a long snout, etc. If he killed it, it means their world has that monster....and the ewoks MURDER it and wear it's bones
    2.The eat flesh. Human flesh. At the end, those stormtrooper helmets were drums....and....the former helmet owners are the banquet
    3.They caught Han, Chewie, etc...in a MASSIIVE net with a MASSIVE chunk of meat. What the hell animal is that trap meant for?!
    4.They have developed catapults....meaning they are a warring tribe. Who is their enemy?
    5.They have developed FLIGHT (hang glider) - which means they are highly intelligent
    6.They process LUMBER...all their traps involve massive logs chopped from trees. They are industrious workers or they have industry...to chop down trees that are about 30 feet wide
    7.For shelter, they live HIGH up in the trees...to keep them safe from....??? Whatever lives on the forest floor is so massive, these Ewoks keep like 70 feet away from it. It seems like that pretty forest is home to a lot more than we get to see.​

10. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Perfect!
    Edit: That Rouge 1 thingy was ok-ish.

andrewskyDE and YardByrd like this.
  11. AlexDelarge

AlexDelarge Forum Resident

Star Wars 10
    Empire 10
    Revenge Of The Sith 10
    Rogue One 9
    Jedi 9
    Clones 7
    Solo 7
    Phantom 6

Sequels........not canon/garbage

YardByrd likes this.
  12. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Star Wars - 10
    The Empire Strikes Back - 10
    Return of the Jedi - 9
    Rogue One - 8
    Revenge of the Sith - 7
    Solo - 6
    The Phantom Menace - 5
    Attack of the Clones - 3
    The Force Awakens - 3
    The Rise of Skywalker - 2
    The Last Jedi - 2

13. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

Star Wars - 9
    The Empire Strikes Back - 10
    Return of the Jedi - 7.5
    Rogue One - 8

That’s it…there are no other movies in my Star Wars universe :winkgrin:

14. Timothy Aborn

Timothy Aborn Forum Resident

The Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars (A New Hope)
    Return Of The Jedi
    Revenge Of The Sith
    Rogue One
    The Force Awakens
    The Last Jedi
    The Phantom Menace
    Solo
    Attack Of The Clones
    The Rise Of Skywalker

15. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Star Wars 10. The game changer. Could have stopped there and its impact would have been the same.

Empire Strikes Back 9. Yeah, it's darker than the first one but it's the movie equivalent to the second Boston album. More of the same without the exhilaration of the first. Still pretty dang good (unlike the second Boston album).

Return of the Jedi 9. Maybe the best scenes of the OT. Like the speeder chase through the forest. And it would have been nice if the ewoks were a bit less cuddly. Playing up the points Scopitone made above would have added an interesting edge, but they probably were more interested in selling toys. Still, you get Jabba and the Emperor which more than cancels out the little furballs.

Phantom Menace 3-Well, we heard you all hated the ewoks, so here's JarJar! Cool pod race scene and nothing else.

Attack of the Clones 2-As my brother so eloquently put it, "Romeo and Juliet in outer space." And some surprisingly cheap CGI, too. A crashing bore.

Revenge of the Sith 6-Opening and closing scenes are good, but the rest isn't up to that level.

The Sequels: only saw VII which gets a 6. This is the New Coke version of IV. Decent, but I gave up after this one. Kylo was nothing as the heavy. I bought it on BR for a potential reassessment but I don't think that's going to happen.

Rogue One 8. Just the opposite of what I expected from Disney. They aren't known for surprises these days. Good job.

Haven't seen the rest and don't plan to. I think I'm done with this franchise now.

wrappedinsky likes this.
  16. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

The only three I feel somewhat qualified to rate:
    Star Wars: 9
    The Empire Strikes Back: 10
    Return Of The Jedi: 7.5 (If you need a whole number I would lean toward a 7)

All Down The Line likes this.
  17. CoachD

CoachD Forum Resident

Started with Ep. 4 in the theater as a 6 year old. Loved it. Bought many of the toys (X-Wing and Darth's Tie Fighter). 10/10

Ep. 5, in the theater as a 7 year old: I loved it again but the 2nd and 3rd acts were a little lost on me. The Hoth scene was my favorite. I had the Snowspeeder and Rebel Turret from Hoth and wanted the AT-AT and Scout... 9/10 back then. 10/10 now.

Ep. 6 in the theater as a 10 year old: I loved all of it. I especially loved the Ewok battle scene. I was old enough to "get" the ending. It was easily my favorite at the time. It was 10/10 back then, 9/10 now.

Ep. 1 in the theater as a 26 year old: I had such high hopes. It was a total crash and burn... I tried to be happy at the time 3/10. In hindsight there's almost none more worst, 0/10.

Ep. 2 in the theater as a 29 year old: Better, but the relationship scenes are some of the worst moments in movie history. I started to feel a little sad about the franchise at this point. 4/10 then, 1/10 now.

Ep. 3: I have no recollection of seeing this in the theater, but surely I did. The plot twist was pretty random and sort paved the way for all sorts of bad writing in the future. Mostly terrible, 1/10.

Ep. 7, in the theater as a 42 year old man with my own son (may have been his first movie experience) at the IMAX: It was a big event, and it was entertaining. The first 1/2 was pretty good all around. It finally "felt" like Star Wars again instead crazy CGI-shiny spaceship-battle droid-super ninja sword fight-world. Some of the acting made me care about the characters. Han was okay. Leia was pretty bad. I mostly liked the new kids. The plot got worse the longer the movie lasted. The elephant in the room is the total discontinuity from the end of RotJ to "30 years later". Kylo Ren was not a great bad guy. Why is he bad? What is a Snoke? Starkiller base was beyond ridiculous (suspension of belief is part of the ride, but c'mon). From midway through this movie, things only get worse in Ep. 8 and 9. I give it a pass for letting me believe that good Star Wars was still possible. When Rey summons the saber, that was pretty cool. 6/10

Ep. 8, Shark Jumping special! 4/10.

Ep. 9, The first 5 minutes was plenty of warning as to how bad this was going to be. Somehow it jumps more sharks than its predecessor. The race to the bottom knows no boundaries. 3/10

(The sequels and the prequels need to be retconned from the Canon)

Rogue One, Oh my! What's this?!? A great Star Wars movie with almost no faults!!! I love the story and the characters. As the heroes are lost one by one in the final act it's almost too much! Even the end of the K-2SO is more moving than anything in the prequels or sequels. Andor's indecision about assassinating Galen was a paradigm shift. I don't see how anyone in my age group who was a fan of the original trilogy does not enjoy this movie. 10/10.

Solo, unfortunately my hopes were up after Rogue One, but Solo was just sort of there. It wasn't really good or bad. It didn't really add much. The Space Creature that tries to eat the Millennium Falcon was a bit much. 5/10

Rebels is surprisingly good for a kids show. Good writing, plots, and characters abound. 8/10

Mando: 8/10
    (nice space western)
    Book: 5/10 (it's just sort of there like Solo)
    Obi Wan: 7/10 (it mostly works)

Ewok Adventure/The Battle For Endor: Both better than Ep. 1. 2/10
    Holiday Special
    : Somehow I missed this as a kid. It should be available as a DVD 2-fer with Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park (which is also better than The Phantom Menace). 1/10

18. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

4 8
    5 8
    6 6

1 4
    2 5
    3 ?

7 7
    8 5
    9 4

R1 8