How's the customer service from your cable or satellite provider?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

DirecTV, user since 1999. Excellent service and picture, though a bit on the pricey side. But where I live there are no other options.

John K.

MikaelaArsenault and Vidiot like this.
  2. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Comcast, so only slightly better than unnecessary surgery. :disgust:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

At least with unnecessary surgery you sometimes get a nice general anesthetic! :)

4. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

Thanks. I was trying to think of an upside to that analogy! Trouble with Comcast is they stick it to you like a cold anal probe.

5. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

DirecTV has been excellent.

6. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I am in an apartment complex that forces you to use a third party Dish provider and both service and programming are horrible.

7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I said fair. I have Crime Warner and if I go in person to the office I get excellent service, both at home and my summer place. If I have to call on the phone forget it, it never ends pretty.

8. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

AT&T U-verse.
    No problems , except my yearly phone call to bitch about the price increase. It takes a few minutes of threatening to change carriers etc, but it always gets reduced.
    I'm used to it and they are also I'm sure . It's probably all percentages. I suppose some people don't complain and just pay the higher bill . If 10% don't complain it's a win for them.

9. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

So CEO Brian Roberts is supposedly serious about improving their customer service? Wow, what a comedian! :laugh::shake::cry:

Actually, the times I have had to deal with their customer service reps they were fine. But then again, the only reason I had to do that was because my parent's cable bills mysteriously jump up, even though they are not on a bundle or contract.

And now I gotta contact U-Verse "before 5 pm and not by chat" because those folks can't re-price my bundle? Are you kidding me? What the hell use is that?

Sigh. When will the FCC get some teeth and REALLY promote competition? Around when the sucky FAA gets some teeth and starts actually regulating aircraft noise? i.e. along about when Sammy Hagar joins Van Halen? (WITH David Lee Roth still in the band, that is, along about when continental drift shoves LA against Australia…). Sigh.

What would YOU say?

10. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

I have Suddenlink, and they're just awesome.

11. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

Comcast
    recently changed TV stations with non-HD screen format programming to fill entire screen and 5.1 surround disappeared.

a while back I was getting intermittent internet so I exchanged modems a couple of times.
    on the third or fourth time I asked if this was typical for modems to die that often or could the problem be something else.
    can't remember exactly what the answer was but I just went home with the new modem. when that didn't work I asked for a service call. found out I'm at then end of the line and had a weak signal. amplifier installed on my line. problem solved

12. mavisgold

mavisgold Senior Member

would be nice if we didn't to pay for channels we don't watch
    for non sports people (sports people too - but you want it) you are paying at least $10 a month for the sports channels

13. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

We have a regional provider called Consolidated Communications. Their customer service people are easy to get a hold of and very nice. The problem is, their service sucks and they can't fix it. Google fiber is already nearby, when it gets to our neighborhood we will change immediately.

14. clayton

clayton Senior Member

When we had cable Comcast was terrible, Direct T.V. was better, Now i've ditched Direct and my HD antenna has the best customer support ever.

head_unit likes this.
  15. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

But, c'mon, open up please and tell use how you REALLY feel :laugh:

16. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

OK, I do have to say the U-Verse tech guys who come out have been pleasant. The last outage, first guy couldn't fix it, said it was a problem out where the fiber hits the neighborhood and turns into DSL. Some other guys came and fixed it that afternoon.

My main beef as noted above is the bills going up at the end of a contract, or just mysteriously for no reason (sometimes but not always due to services added not by request). And the endless "Free Showtime and HBO for three months"-Oh Sweet Lordy Me, please GIVE IT A REST already.

17. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

I have never had a problem with Comcast customer sevice. In fact, I think it's pretty good.

jerol

MikaelaArsenault and Metralla like this.
  18. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Comcast is my cable provider. I wish we had Verizon FIOS but it's not available in our area where I live.

Lightworker likes this.
  19. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Comcast goes out of their way to be mean to customers around here. Too bad they have the monopoly here.

20. MikaelaArsenault

I almost got Verizon FIOS. But like I mentioned above, it's not available in my area.

Lightworker likes this.
  21. MikaelaArsenault

I had Time Warner Cable up in Maine when I was on vacation.

22. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Good experience here also. One day the Comcast guy was going around our apartment complex, knocking on doors and asking if there was anything they could do.

23. Carl Swanson

Carl Swanson Senior Member

When I bother to call, my problem gets resolved; it usually takes a little while, but not hours.

24. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I signed a contract for commercial service with Comcast years ago. I had so many issues within the 1st three weeks. That I cancelled their service, as was my option to do withing the 1st 30-days. Any call to their customer service, was a series of automated mazes, that took a minimum of 45-minutes to reach a real person.

Before I cancelled, I was speaking to a customer service rep in another state, Ohio. She was very nice and tried her best to assist me. We spent some time on the phone outlining the many issues that required correction. At the end of the phone call, she read me back a detailed report that she created in relation to the issues that I was having, every issue was completely documented. Multiple hours were needed to correct the issues that they had created.

When the service rep showed up (just a single tech.), he corrected only a single issue. When I asked him about the other issues and what was being done about them, he showed me the work order he had been given. Sure enough, all of the other notes had been deleted by someone higher up the food chain.

I went to each room, pulled out all of their equipment and piled it on my front porch, I called customer service, and informed them, that they might want to pick it up, and left it up to them. I emailed my rep, explained everything in detail. Advised her that my contract for service is cancelled, effective immediately and not to contact me again.

Went to DirecTV, bought all equipment outright, paid out of pocket for installation. Everything was good again. I call one number and a person answers, we walk through the service issue together, until the problem is solved, very polite, never a problem. A1 service.

To me, Comcast is the WORST national company that I have ever dealt with! DirecTV is one of the BEST.

25. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

Comcast here in Portland, OR. Excellent service in store & on the phone. XFINITY DVR is amazing, high speed internet is outstanding; along with digital phone...all for over $100 less a month than what I was paying for Time-Warner in Los Angeles. No longer subsidizing that LA Dodgers contract! :cussing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.