How's the customer service from your cable or satellite provider?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

That is a splendid gesture. My hat is off to you.

2. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Not as long as the phone wait, though! That can literally be hours!

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Seem to be good.

4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Verizon had our net. Terrible--most people do not speak English understandably. And when you mention something, you get the canned answer of 'I am speaking English sir. Please listen closely.'
    Comcast (TV) was absolutely pathetic but lately, I've had two successful calls with English speaking people who totally knew their s**t inside and out. Encouraging.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

Comcast. Awful.

I recently moved, and I see their "Movers Edge" commercials all the time telling me how easy it is to just move my equipment and plug it in and it should be a seamless transition. NOT THE CASE.

Move to my new place on a Saturday. Cable not working, thus internet also not working. No service techs available for SIX DAYS. When day 6 comes around, I emerge from the subway with a missed call and a voicemail telling me I missed my service appointment, even though my fiance was home waiting. I called back immediately and even though it was only 7 minutes later, they would not return that night. Some stupid policy of not going back after 3pm. Absolute nonsense. Finally on day 7 they came and fixed the problem, whatever it was.

6. PearlJamNoCode

PearlJamNoCode Forum Resident

Wow that post sent me down memory lane. I had a girlfriend in high school whose parents had DirecTV, and had that same remote. Having grown up in Comcast's hometown, she was the only person I've ever met that had DirecTV.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  7. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

DirecTV. And I think the service is exceptional. I very rarely have any issues. But when I do, they are most cooperative. And because I pay (2.99?) a month for the service plan they're there the next day if there are any issues. I bet I see the tv fix-it guy less than once a year. But I sure am glad to have that service agreement when I do need it.

And my remote is fine. Never once entertained the idea that it was anything other than fine.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

I hate Comcast. We don't get any good channels such as GetTV and Bounce. LAFF is also horrible because they recently removed some good shows and am not happy about the whole thing.

9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I love Comcast here in Portland. Great service, great internet speed and digital phone; all at a reasonable price.

nm_west and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

You moved? I didn't know that. Where did you move to?

11. MikaelaArsenault

My parents almost got Verizon FIOS, which would've been nice, but it's not available in my area.

12. audiomixer

Portland, OR.

13. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Now THAT would be impressive.

14. MikaelaArsenault

I remember something in your profile saying Bye Bye LA, so that's probably where you used to live.

15. audiomixer

Yes, most of my adult life. I didn't want to retire there, however...

16. MikaelaArsenault

Shame you had to retire.

17. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

My opinion
    [​IMG]

18. MikaelaArsenault

One from Comcast:

[​IMG]

Erik Tracy likes this.
  19. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

2 years later not so excellent anymore.

20. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I got an email from Verizon saying that my internet speed was being doubled at no charge. I checked and it was doubled. I had to call Verizon for something not related to my internet service. They asked me if I was happy with my service and I told them I was and thank you for doubling my internet speed at no charge. Well the person I spoke to decided to add the doubled speed to my account as though I had called and asked for an upgrade which was not free. So now my monthly bill is several dollars higher when it should be zero dollars higher.

21. Phone reps get bonuses for talking customers into extra monthly charges. You can't talk to Verizon phone reps like they are normal humans, they will take you for anything they can get out of you by hook or crook.

MikaelaArsenault and Jerryb like this.
  22. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Comcast has just started offering gigabit internet service in the Houston area over the existing DOCSIS 3.1 infrastructure - IOW, no fiber to the curb needed to qualify, as has previously been the case for most gigabit service offerings. Two-gigabit service is also available, but fiber is required for that.

The gigabit service isn't cheap. $159 a month, but they apparently will have introductory pricing at "only" $109. Since I own my own modem, I'd have to upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem at close to $200. I'm glad to see gigabit service rolling out, but I'll be waiting for a substantial price drop before seriously considering it.

23. cboldman

cboldman Forum Resident

I finally cut the cord with Time Warner Cable after they sent me an e-mail that I felt was an insult to my intelligence. The mail began with a statement something to the effect of "Congratulations! We have reviewed your account and are granting you a reduction in your monthly fee!" All well and good, until the end of the message which stated the new rate, which was like $20 a month HIGHER than what I had been paying.
    How they squared this: Apparently I was already operating under a rate reduction (that I was unaware of) which was expiring, and they were granting me a NEW reduction -- which just didn't happen to be as great as the previous reduction!
    Congratulations indeed!

24. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Spectrum. Worse than Awful. Note that no matter how bad cable systems rep, they don't bother to do much to change things. Why should they? Much of cable systems malevolence stems from when they or earlier incarnations were 'awarded' franchises (essentially hyper-monopolies) back in the 80's. Lots of stuff happened that would make the Sopranos blush. A book could be written about what happened in Milwaukee. And the rigged legacy continues today.

That customer service rep, whose job is to basically say 'no' or put you on hold or upsell? He or she knows that in all likelihood they won't even be there in a few months. And they probably hate their job morer than you hate the cable system.

25. tomunbound

tomunbound Active Member

So they (all of them) get reputations so bad they have to change their name.

I would like to personally congratulate the person that picked the name Spectrum because of the obvious rhyme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.