How's the customer service from your cable or satellite provider?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Update: U-vserse could not be installed because they switched to using exiting phone lines in the house and wiring them as ethernet instead of using the coax lines. This means she'd have had to having visible cables running in the house, some going over thresholds to use the service. And re-wiring her house to get ethernet near the cable box would not be easy.

So some salesman at Cox told my mom this: Cancel your service on Saturday. Then have your son (I don't live with her and I have Cox Internet at my house) call and establish NEW service at your address and have it turned on on Saturday- this will make you eligible for the new deals.

So we are doing that. She called and canceled.

I called and got a 2 year guaranteed price deal that will save her $50 a month AND triple her Internet speed and adds HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Stars AND includes free installation and a $100 Visa prepaid card.

How STUPID and corrupt are these companies that instead of offering a deal to her (she's been with them for 22 years) that she had to cancel to get a better deal?

It's insanity.

She'd have paid more - for LESS - if they'd offer a guarantee rate but they will not do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.