How's your experience with Amazon shipping without Prime?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by 905, Dec 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 905

905 Senior Member Thread Starter

I know mileage varies.

But wondering because I really don't need anything within two days.

As long as we're not talking about anything over a week or so I'd be okay.

2. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

What is Amazon without Prime? And how can you not have Prime? It’s like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon. If a family member / trusted friend has Prime, you have Prime.

To your point, it’s not necessarily necessary to have something delivered within two days; however, here, most deliveries are made in one, or same day and it is nice not having to wait.

GodShifter and 905 like this.
  3. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

I use Amazon, but not Amazon Prime; we simply don't have that. As for the shipping, it's generally pretty quick. It's the packaging that's often weak. Often times the item is tossed in too large a box with a random number of those air pillows. CDs tend to be packed somewhat better than more general household items.

905 likes this.
  4. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

No prime here, but there are a couple of local warehouses. If the purchased item comes from Amazon, shipping is still pretty good (read 'about a week'). If it's an Amazon third party seller, shipping is average (2 to 3 weeks or 6 weeks overseas).

905 likes this.
  5. Amazon regular shipping has not been a problem for us. We generally find better prices on eBay so we don't use Amazon enough to justify Prime.

Dave likes this.
  6. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I haven't used Amazon.com too much, but I've never had an issue with not having Amazon Prime.

I just ordered some things about a month ago, with most everything arriving within a week (I think there was only one that took maybe ten days)... And that shipping was whether it was from Amazon directly or thru a third party seller.

starduster likes this.
  7. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

I do not have prime. Never waited longer than a couple of working days.

8. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Typically one week for items sold by Amazon.

9. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

I've never seen the need for prime: I just let my orders pile up until they reach the threshold for free shipping then I pull the trigger.
    Sometimes I'll get orders within 2 days, others it'll take 4 or 5 days - I hate paying for shipping!

formu_la likes this.
  10. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Get the order above $25 with shipping is free anyway. They usually promise 4 - 6 days, and it's often sooner.

11. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

"If you want 2-days delivery $10"
    No-thanks.

Comes in 1-2 day anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.