DCC Archive Humble Pie / Amboy Dukes Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cousin It, Nov 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member Thread Starter

1st,has anyone heard the new Humble Pie live at the Whiskey A Go-Go 1969 CD.Here's a description from amazon.com.

UK release of previously unissued concert taped during Humble Pie's American tour in L.A. in December 1969, recorded after the success that summer of the single 'Natural Born Budgie' & the accompanying album, As Safe As Yesterday Is. This album features lengthy jams, beginning with a mesmerizing rewrite of The Yardbird's 'For Your Love', 'Shakin' All Over', the Johnny Kid classic, 'The Sad Bag Of Shakey Jake' from their second Immediate album, 'Hallelujah I Love Her So' the Ray Charles classic & Dr. John's 'Walk On Gilded Splinters'. 2001

So is it worth looking into??

Secondly does anyone know what are the best CD versions around of the first 3 Amboy Dukes album,I recall seeing the 1st 2 on the Mainstream label back in'92 and the 3 of them on the German Repertoire label but I've read that the 3rd album has been butchered ie
    bass solos and song crossfades missing.As I remember from seeing Steve's discography,didn't DCC do a best of Amboy Dukes back in the late 80's-early 90's on a subsid. label?? I'm going from a shabby memory here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.