Hun? $595.00 for Tug Of War?

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Radiotron, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer Thread Starter

2. No. Worth about $20-$35.

Somebody was selling a copy on the forums without the obi for $20.00.

Also, same master as the Jpn for US Columbia, so who cares . . .

3. swoosh

swoosh Member

Hahaha his seller id "1stpress4less"

4. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

I'll buy a dozen. :thumbsup:

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I think he has had numerous seller ID's (stores) on EBay.

6. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

I think this is the same guy(s)(Gals) as firstpressheaven, kissmydisc etc trying to restart with a clean slate.

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Bingo - the Canada and Japan connections suggest this to be true - there have been some deals on the new site - a Maiden Piece of Mind Triangle just went for under $40 which is a very good price these days.

8. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

:agree: He has changed his name several times before.

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I have bought from 1stpress4less twice and also assumed this to be yet another storefront for 1stpressheaven/kissmydisc/etc. (PJ). However, the person I have dealt with at 1stpress4less is not PJ. Either it's a business partner or a completely different business wanting to look like one of PJ's businesses.

For the record, the two discs I purchased from 1stpress4less arrived very quickly and in great condition (i.e., as described). That said, the price for the McCartney disc is ridiculous. Rather ironic given the seller's ID.

10. KeithH

One more thing about the McCartney disc. For those who care, that particularly disc is a later Toshiba pressing. Note the "TO" matrix. I am not aware of a mastering change among CP35 copies of this title, but that is a later pressing. There are very early Japanese CBS/Sony pressings of Tug of War. As a collector, I wouldn't pay his price for the CBS/Sony pressing, and there is no way I would consider paying anywhere near it for the more common "TO" pressing.

11. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

Hi Keith,
    did the CD's you bought arrive from Canada or Japan? I have asked this seller twice where he distaches from but never receive a reply.

12. KeithH

As I recall, they came from Japan.

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That's absurd. This is a relatively common disc in Japan, although it is in high demand because it's McCartney. Even the obi pops up fairly often, although there are often variations with the obis that make one rarer than another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.