I held a record sale this morning, And I was amazed at the turnout and results!*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rl1856, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digdug67

digdug67 Hockley's Hits Here!

It's cash on the barrelhead at garage sales I've had, though in my ads I say I can take PayPal through the free card reader you can get from them, though I haven't had to use it yet.

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

People are throwing away their CDs, and not just mainstream titles. It's a buyers market and will be for sometime. The rare stuff disappears quickly though, depending on location.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

When my friend and I shared a table at a recent show my friend had the ability to accept credit cards with this usb attachment he got at some SXSW event. We decided to bring it a long as we noticed other buyers at other shows asking if sellers took credit cards. It was a good idea as it really did get us more sales. It worked really well. Just swipe the card through the USB reader (small one) and that's it. The commission was, IIRC, 4.5%.

Other vendors also took paypal (friends and family only) IIRC. We didn't get asked about that though, just if we took credit cards.

Well worth considering as it's so easy to set up and use.

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I think there's already a market for them and I think it's a shame that they've pretty much disappeared from record shows but I totally understand why.
    Good titles can still sell and I know one store locally has trouble sourcing them and keeping them in stock as good titles rarely show up vs junk and sell quickly. What they want are Can cds but all they get is New Kids cds :) (well I'm exaggerating)

Unfortunately people who have really good stuff tend to not want to sell it and those that have junk do. I've been to flea markets and watched people walk up to the used cd vendor with bags of cds they got in the 90's and it was all top 100 billboard stuff.

My friend who's the buyer for a local shop asked me if I was still considering selling my collection because he knows I have good titles and that's what they need. They'll pay decent for them too (well relatively speaking of course, but basically not 25c).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.