I hesitate to ask but ... can we talk wireless speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GregY, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregY

GregY New Member Thread Starter

Are any of them even worth trying? I would like to be able to have a wireless pair of speakers for use outside our house, preferably ones that aren't mounted so they can be moved. Audio quality is not the top priority in this case, although it's certainly important ... I'm looking for speakers that are reliable and can hold a connection.

Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with wireless speakers?

2. Joe Nino-Hernes

Joe Nino-Hernes Active Member

Advent makes a decent wireless speaker. I have used these in the past http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_004_003_001&product_id=40-1463 and they actually dont sound half bad. When I used to run live sound at a church, I used these for the hearing impared. I gave them a speaker, and a table to set it on, then they could adjust the volume so they could hear it.

As for the sound, as I said above, very good for such a small speaker. The bass response is supprisngly deep, and the highs are crystal clear. They are plastic, and they sound kind of plasticky, but they are not too bad. They hold on to thier frequency pretty well, I have never had a problem with them. They would be perfect for what you are using them for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.