I *Love* CD Shopping in Tokyo

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by StyxCollector, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

There's often good stuff there, but the turnover's incredibly fast. You should also try the big Disk Union used outlet a couple blocks further north, down the street from Studio Alta.

2. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

Could you give me a few more details on that one? The only DiscUnion I've been to in Shinjuku is the big, 7 floor one...how do I get to the one you're talking about?

Any details would be appreciated...

Thanks,
    Dale

3. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

It's on Yasukuni-dori on the third floor of an office building, next to a branch of the Kinokuniya bookshop. All one level, but it's huge. The same building has a Disk Union audio equipment shop on one of the higher floors.

If you go to their main flagship store (the seven-floor place that you've been to) you'll see a map near the front entrance of all the Disk Unions in the Shinjuku area; just follow the map.

4. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Disc Union has been shipping tonnes of boxes of used vinyl to China. Why? No idea but I am getting good stuff. About $5.00 per LP! The boxes the LP's come in have a Disc Union sticker on them. But maybe they are the rejects, the LP's that aren't 'perfect', missing OBI's or the playing surface isn't visually perfect. About 80% is nothing to write home about but the rest is pretty good. I have bought a lot of Jazz over the past year or so.

5. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

that place is awesome, but hard to find...I think it's about 3 years old, it used to be 2 stores next to each other but now it's one big one..

6. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I cant wait to go to japan someday, hopefully I will.

7. dgsinner

dgsinner New Member

Thanks...that sounds easy to find. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the city.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.