I Love the 70s on VH1

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jimbo, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Tonight (8/18) starts I Love the 70s, 9PM EST on VH1. It will air two hours each night this week, Mon-Fri. Finally a reason to tune into VH1 again!:) :thumbsup:

2. quadjoe

quadjoe Senior Member

Oh Boy!! I love the '70's too! Quadraphonic Sound, bell bottom jeans, platform shoes, Kiss, FM radio, Pink Floyd, Doobie Brothers, Polyester clothes that (still) never need ironing, 8-tracks, Paul McCartney & Wings,
    shag carpet (baby), and much more, I could go on and on, what fun times those were!:thumbsup:

3. mdp7751

mdp7751 New Member

So far so good on I love the 70s. While it, like "I love the 80's", is highly contrived, it is very funny. Their collection of "commentators" is basically a collection of stand-ups riffing on the various funny "70s things", and I found myself regularly laughing out loud.

Is I love the 90s next? I love the 60s? Hell, why not I love the 1880s?

4. nashreed

nashreed New Member

Are those portable 8-track players still available? Those seem pretty cool. How did they sound?

James

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Pretty horrible. The radio portions were OK.

6. ascot

ascot Senior Member

What is that "United" song they play over the end credits?

7. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

That would be "Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior. It was a massive hit in Europe early this year and has been receiving some airplay domestically over the last couple of months. The album just came out a few weeks ago in the US but is pretty horrible, unfortunately. I love "Move Your Feet", so I was very disappointed that the rest of the album is so awful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.