I think the USPS lost my De La Soul!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MayoStudenT, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayoStudenT

MayoStudenT Leonard Cohen Fan Thread Starter

So May 20th 2020 I purchased De La Soul’s Buhloone Mind State on eBay and it was promptly shipped the 21st from Spokane, WA. On the 22nd it shows it leaving the Spokane Regional Distribution Center. The next and final update is May 26th stating just “In transit to next facility.”

My question is: Am I out of luck if I didn’t do insurance? I don’t even remember if that was an option, I guess I just pay whatever is listed on the ebay page.

Right now the Post Office had me file a missing package search but it didn’t sound to promising.

I’m trying to get all the ol’ De La Souls! Hehe

Thanks!

Jason

2. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

Some others could probably answer this question better that I could but from my experience with dealing with eBay and having packages Lost, first of all since you have an investigation going with a post office you need to let them conclude that which they will shortly and then you can go ahead and go to the next step.

Usually if you haven't received your item in one month the post office will consider that lost. Depending on if you had insurance or you didn't have insurance you can make a claim but since you didn't have insurance you probably can't make a claim with the post office.

You purchased your item with eBay so you can go back to eBay and let them know that you never received the item and they will do an investigation or they may refer you back to the seller and if you get no response or any satisfaction within 7 days they'll step in and help you try to resolve the issue.

Also if you paid with PayPal and they may be able to reverse the fees or credit your account for non received of package as well. So don't panic you still have options. but first let the post office do their investigation they may find it and then go ahead and forward it to you.

MayoStudenT likes this.
  3. MayoStudenT

MayoStudenT Leonard Cohen Fan Thread Starter

Thank you Francophile50! I still think all the sudden it’ll just show up one day :) Fingers crossed!

4. Francophile50

Francophile50 The man with the satisfied ear.

With all that's going on right now it may very well be lost or stuck and someone will come across it and deliver it to the intended destination. There have been many threads here regarding distribution centers that seem to not be as efficient as others. Good luck I hope that you receive your package soon. if you have no luck with the post office then go back to eBay they should be able to help you they always have helped me.

MayoStudenT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.