I want to return my One Steps for a refund but my retailer is ignoring me!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by edgwareman, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Mansinthe86

Mansinthe86 Forum Resident

Vinyl is not able to reproduce the dynamic range of DSD anyway. So it's not such a big deal. It would be worse the other way around If someone sold vinyl needle drops as SACDs.

fluffskul and uzn007 like this.
  2. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I can’t believe you think the store owes you anything

Robobob, fluffskul, rod and 10 others like this.
  3. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

The title says the retailer ignores you when you clearly state they wrote you back. They responded and it seems they told you everything they could do. What else is there to say? Want to return stuff after the fact? Buy from a big chain like Amazon. Sure... you may want to support independent retailers but you really aren't if you find out a pressing isn't up to snuff and expect the retailer to do all the work for you. The biggest issue with the industry is that most vinyl that independent stores buy is 'nonreturnable.' I highly doubt their profit margins are high unless they found some that fell off the back of a truck.

Planbee likes this.
  4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Amazon gives you 30 days. Not months or years.

As others have said, your beef is with MoFi, and you should pursue things (if you do) through them. The retailer isn't at fault.

5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

You're right. Either way... it's sort of past the point of return if it's been that long. I have this Philips Dusty Springfield record with a mono label but plays stereo. I tried to contact Ray's Pop-A-Top Television Goods & Repair when I found out five decades later. Ol' Ray must be ignoring me and won't answer his phone.

6. jim249

jim249 Forum Resident

If you bought them directly from MOFI, I would say do battle with them. Even if you didn't, the middle man can't be responsible for what MOFI did. Is litigation still going on with MOFI over this issue? If so maybe you could join in on the class action filed against them.

audiomixer likes this.
  7. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Maybe Ol' Ray is dead now..... :shrug:

8. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

That might explain the load of Ray Conniff albums that just hit my local. Too bad he missed his chance since all vinyl records are worth a fortune now.

9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Member @MonkeyMan successfully returned records to MFSL for a refund in the context of the digital conspiracy. Unsure of they were purchased directly from MFSL and that is what would be needed for them to accept the returns, though. It took some time but he states he eventually got his money back.

Maybe he can chime in with some tips?

uzn007 likes this.
  10. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

11. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I love it. MoFi has offered to either give you all your money back if you return the album, or 5% back if you keep it, and some people are crying they're getting ripped off.

Nope. Return what you don't want, move on.

aperfecttool, uzn007 and Simoon like this.
  13. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Where?

The settlement applies only to US customers. That is disappointing.

14. wampachompa

wampachompa Forum Resident

Reading through this thread for the first time, I'm disgusted at the MoFi apologists that have infested these boards. Ignore all these "caveat emptor" and "doEs It StiLL plAy mUsIc" idiots (being polite as I can). You're a victim of fraud, you have a right to be pissed off, you have a right to disregard the opinion of people who think you're a whiner for not laying down for it, and in your position I'd press MoFi as hard as I could. Email, call, be the squeaky wheel, get the grease.

The settlement may only apply to US customers, but that doesn't mean you can't leverage it pretty darn hard in your communications. The only caveat is that the DSD step was apparently not used on every title, so you'll want to double-check that what you're trying to return was actually affected otherwise you'll be overreaching and less likely to get anywhere with it.

Good luck!

Ron Jones likes this.
  15. stevos47

stevos47 Well-Known Member

That damn Ray screwed me too!

cwitt1980 and Shawn like this.
  16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I know it's not his fault but I want him to eat it anyways.

17. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Yes, the audiophile market will be much better when Mobile Fidelity falls (again). There are so many companies producing amazing AAA vinyl that just need a small spot to break out, but the market is just so saturated.