I was just thinking - What makes vinyl a beautiful sight

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SuperMusicFan2003, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I agree with you, Chris - I was going to post something very similar myself (I sear!). When I see an LP, I can almost "feel" the music inside by watching the grooves. The size, the colour, the labels also help. Vynil gives me a tactile feeling of the music inside. A CD doesn't.

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I stand, or sit, corrected! Try THAT with a CD booklet!:laugh:

Evan:)

3. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

You can "taste" the music inside by licking the grooves. Try that with a CD.

4. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

I agree with all of the above, we are sick, ain't we? :laugh:

5. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Note to self - never let Damian borrow my records... :D

6. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

Perhaps, but you have to admire the man's passion. :D

7. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual

When i bought my VPI 16.5 i already knew what i wanted, so i didn't have to be sold on it, but the salesman who wrote it up said, "Pete, after you've had this thing for a month you won't know how you lived without it." He was right!

8. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

:laugh: :laugh:

9. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Thought mine was a peculiar and singular abberation of when I used to purchase new albums, open them and inhale that pungent vinyl and cardboard aroma but lo and behold I was only one deviant out of many. This thread inspired me to take out two of my prize possessions, white label promos of the original MC5 Back in the USA and High Time albums. Definitely instant elevation to the astral plane. And that's before the needle even hits the grooves.

10. Ready Steady Go

Ready Steady Go Active Member

...And those cool, colorful record labels with the groovy logos (especially vinyl from the 60s & early 70s) - there's something about seeing (i.e.) the Andy Warhol-ish "Laurie" label on the top of a stack of vinyl from across the room, and thinking, "Hey, I wonder if that's a DION record, or maybe it's THE CHIFFONS or THE BARBARIANS, or GERRY & THE PACEMAKERS....
    And what about a "still sealed" album from the mid-60's: when you crack open the plastic seal for the first time and out comes that beautiful musty 60's smell.... Mmmmmmm.... okay, off to see my shrink now...

11. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Well, a tonearm is sorta phallic and a record is usually black with a hole in the middle.

Ever heard the term 'mouth music', Damián?

Maybe there are some deeper things at work in this vinyl thing.

;-)

12. joefont

joefont Senior Member

WOW, what would you guys be doing if there was a magazine that featured a centerfold of a vinyl record? ;)

13. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

I have a sort of fascination for US 45s with the big middles. Just the way they look, they have a certain asthetic quality. Most of the ones I have sound terrible but they look cool.
    [​IMG]

14. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

[​IMG]
    I have a sort of fascination with US 45s with the big centre holes. Just the way they look, they have a certain asthetic quality. Most of the ones I have(mainly 60s) sound terrible but they look really cool.

15. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

oops, sorry, double post. The 1st one didn't seem to go thru.:rolleyes:

16. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

That's funny beause I have a fascination with UK singles with the 45 adapter built in. :D

Sean

17. Tetrack

Tetrack Forum Resident

:laugh: It's the way of the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.