If Paul played bass on I'm The Greatest, would it be a Beatles track?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DK Pete, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

Of course there is. And that's why I was careful to say that these songs are anomalies in the catalog, and don't necessarily fit with the cannon, which to me is still 1962-1970. But obviously they were "The Beatles" before George Martin -- and before Ringo and Brian Epstein, for that matter. Do I consider the Decca audition to be a Beatles recording? Of course I do -- and George Martin nor Ringo had anything to do with it. But they were calling it The Beatles at the time, and so it was.

The entity that calls itself "The Beatles" signed off on the Anthology tracks, saying "these are new Beatles songs" -- which doesn't even leave it up for debate whether they are or aren't Beatles songs. It's up to us to either accept that fact or reject it. I've chosen to accept it, and it should be no mystery as to why people do.

lavalamp3 likes this.
  2. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Yeah, don't let Paul make a movie! :nyah:

3. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Do you keep it next to your fingernail clippings from St. Ignatius?

Ignatius likes this.
  4. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Not that I'm implying anything, but I always throw my fingernail clippings away.:angel:

5. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

nah, things had mellowed by then, later that year john talked about playing with paul and john and paul recorded together in 74 (toot and a snore) albeit that was a drunken mess but still

Folknik likes this.
  6. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

But George Martin didn’t produce it.

7. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

This is the correct answer. Lots of revisionism/dreaming going on in this thread.

Folknik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.