If you DON”T believe in nice speaker wire or interconnects please don't come into this thread

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Funky54, Feb 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingenieur

Ingenieur Just a dog looking for a home...

'grades' of Cu?
    If the R, L and C measure the same, yes
    But L and C are more dependent on geometry

2. Ingenieur

If what we want is a 'Flat Earth Society', so be it.
    A mutual admiration club where one can reinforce our preconceived positions, confirm the validity of our understanding and soothe any buyers doubts/remorse, have at it.

Just ignore the science, the other side, be 'closed minded'

3. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

That’s the argument I get on FB from my liberal friends. If I don’t want to debate why post on a public forum? My answer is that I want 1) to vent and make a statement and 2) to let other like minded individuals know there are more of them out there. My other response is that it is MY page and I and only I have the right to decide what I want on it. That makes lots of folks get their unmentionables twisted in a wad.

4. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Why can’t you just let it go? This is ONE thread out of 36,576 or more. The stated title should be sufficient. Why can’t you honor the request of the OP? It’s not a SIN to have a subjective discussion!!!

Edit: there’s >70 THOUSAND threads on this forum alone.

5. Ingenieur

People do not like seeds of doubt cast into their safe little world of understanding.

It is easier to find the answer within, one's 'feelings', than to do the work and really understand the problem. (Or if there even is one)

But that is ok, but does not make the other guy wrong, but often the opposite.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  6. Ingenieur

Actually the owners have more say than you.
    Ask 45

7. Ingenieur

Relax
    Your liberal observers will thank you
    I was sticking to science, others made it personal.
    Idiots, liars, bullies

8. Ilusndweller

Ilusndweller S.H.M.F.=>Reely kewl.

If.

I already stated that I feel a small % of people can hear differences in cable. For example I bet Steve could distinguish bw AQs lowest and highest cable in blind tests. Or two "theoretically opposite ends of the spectrum sounding" cables that you feel should sound the same.

In a more general sense, humans are capable of doing some craaaazy stuff and I do not think distinguishing bw two audio cables (which may measure "the same") is nearly as crazy as some of the stuff humans can do.

9. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

You’re quite close to being ignored. In fact, I’m going to do so. Goodbye and good riddance.

10. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

For ICs, I use the older snake series from AQ and, lately, the AQ thin green series for ICs. I prefer thin because they are easier to handle. My guess is that speaker cables make a bigger difference than ICs. I have a drawer in my basement with IC, speaker wire, and lots and lots of NOS tubes (w/ notes).

unclefred and Funky54 like this.
  11. Ingenieur

Without knowing anything about the cables or test setup, no way to answer that.

Brother_Rael likes this.
  12. Ingenieur

OK

13. Ingenieur

I would think the line level stuff would figure more importantly in the chain.
    Just because their power level is closer to the level of the stuff that could corrupt the signal.

the I in an IC is very small, 2 V into 10 kOhm is only 0.2 mA

KeninDC and Brother_Rael like this.
  14. Ilusndweller

I dont know if it was this thread or another but someone got better measurements from one of AQs lower cables compared to a higher cable. I think it was bc the lower cable had better shielding. I think shielding is extremely important, as I have played around with cable on the back of my Kyocera A-910 which has both pre ins/main outs, as well as a switch that bypasses this, so easy peasy and yes there are very clear differences in shielding performance bw cables.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  15. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Yes, I understand.

But it's not your page. Because then you'd have your own site, in which case you can post to your hearts content, until of course, you post something that causes a riot, and then you get done for citing an insurrection. Or something.

Posting mischievousness aside, I appreciate a reasoned debate, I'm sure you do too. Vent away, but nothing is learned by just hearing opinions you agree with.

Ingenieur likes this.
  16. Ingenieur

It's a whole different thing at line level
    Even more so at MM level 0.1 uA, 5 mV/47,000
    And at MC levels 2.5 uA , 0.25 mV/100 Ohm
    Pretty amazing

17. Ilusndweller

So you dont think a small % of peoples' ears are better than the best scientific instruments can measure?

Or that there might be scientific measurements that have not been done on things (like soundstage, or if that has been done, then take it to the next level and or decimal point) but that a small % of peoples ears might be able to distinguish between?

18. Rick58

Rick58 Forum Resident

Then you don’t understand. The FB page IS my page. I have control over what is on it.

When I post such things I’m not looking to learn anything.

The OP basically asked for subjective opinions. Some folks can’t stand it. Some folks are rude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.