I'll never buy another NAD.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Larry Naramore, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is not relevant when the you are comparing NAD products made in a different era by different contractors vs. current contractors in Japan.

It is like comparing a '68 Chevrolet Camaro with a '87 Nova (a Toyota) with a current Sonic (designed in Korea by Daewoo). They are not related other than the brand.

Or a Sears Kenmore tool made 20 years ago with one today. One from Black and Decker/DeWalt and one from a low end subcontractor in China.

2. norman_frappe

norman_frappe Forum Resident

I would not expect a reviewer to be able to comment on the long-term reliability or serviceability of a particular product. It's simply not reasonable for one to expect that of them. If someone wants that type of information I strongly suggest they talk to people that fix these things day in and day out. They are a wealth of knowledge and information.

And as far as reviewing audio products goes I think Stereophile does the best job. They present both the subjective listening test and the objective measurements.

3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. I've heard the same about Yamaha, Denon, etc. They don't make things like they used to. That's why I'm clinging to my vintage amps among other reasons.

4. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

A few weeks ago, I was at my local audio dealer from whom I expect to get a Mac by the end of the year, he told me NAD has made significant stride in improving its product quality. I bought two Conrad Johnson amps some ten years ago over a two year period simply because NAD was/is a goner from my audio shopping list forever ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.