SH Spotlight I'm asked stuff: Favorite mastering engineer, best BOSTON CD, best TRAVELING WILBURYS CD, etc..

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Then we'll religate you to official thread bumper since I'ld forgotten this entire thread existed until someone bumped it.

The host appears to be too busy to answer your question which I wouldn't blame him for considering how difficult it is to make something old sound new in the audio realm.

2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

It wasn't my question, I just repeated it because the original question was buried underneath a drawn-out argument that shouldn't have been started in the first place.

3. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

g.z., Oscillation, sunspot42 and 2 others like this.
  4. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Good work, konut, finding Steve's quote at page 56 out of now 113. Just wish there were easier ways of finding information long forgotten in such long threads where often I have to ask myself..."Have I already posted this?... I feel that I have but I can't remember if it was in another thread on the same subject but different title.

Makes me glad I don't participate in Beatles discussions. Afraid I'ld feel like I've got dementia.

Chazzbo13 and konut like this.
  5. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I've read through this whole thread twice and had no memory of that. Interesting! I'd still be interested to know if other works in the same genre are compared, what are the normal trends and pitfalls to avoid, etc. – or, what I suspect is the answer, just do it and make it sound good.

6. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

It was pretty easy since I asked a very similar question and had only posted once in this thread.

7. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

"It's all in the mastering" goes for all formats in my experience. There are CDs that sound much better than their AAA vinyl counterparts and it's nice to have a noise floor that is no more than tape hiss.

Joy-of-radio, ggjjr, uzn007 and 9 others like this.