I'm done with Amazon, what other online retailers do you use?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by snipe, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snipe

snipe Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've had enough of not receiving pre-orders. I've dealt with Amazon so long that I don't even know what else is out there. I'm looking for US (preferably) retailers who know how to meet simple expectations.

2. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

importcds.com

or google the album name and preorder title, and many places will accept preorders.

i usually preorder from CDJAPAN if its an important release. they dont mess around ! but they are Japanese.
    LOVE the extra tracks(s)

eric777, melstapler, GeoffC and 2 others like this.
  3. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

importcds.com has cancelled my preorders with no warning more than once, only to immediately list the item for sale at a higher price than I originally had locked in. I still buy from them, but would not recommend them for a preorder that you are hot to get the day of release.

Norco74, Pizza, rxonmymind and 3 others like this.
  4. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

I tend to go to the source itself. Mostly Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct. Or discogs. For some reason I just don't like Amazon. I'm not even sure why.

Brian Lux and Dave like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Bull Moose......a class act? They are THE BEST hands down.

Latest example ? I ordered an album on Friday, a second album not in stock qualified me for free shipping. Free shipping for them means Priority sometimes, so because of new USPS regulations, I received my new album yesterday, on a Sunday, two days after ordering !!!!

Also, when you click that link I gave you, look around in that sub forum, Marketplace Discussions . Lots of great info. there.

6. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

What country are they from? If you still have the documentation and they are within a jurisdiction that can handle the suit I would sue them for breach of contract and make it loud and public. That's just morally bankrupt. A deal is a deal.

7. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

USA. Specifically they burned me on the King Crimson On and Off the Road box. They had the best pre-orer price by far, but when all was said and done I think I wound up buying it off Amazon for $25-35 more.

8. Jerry c.

Jerry c. Forum Resident

I’ve grown to loathe bezos and amazon. But I’ve simply grown too accustomed to instant gratification. I’m not waiting 5 to 10 days for anything

9. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I have never had an issue with amazon to be honest. If I have ordered it, I have received it, pre-order or not .....?

10. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Agreed...pre-orders always come on day of release.....

Back catalogue items though.....Prime no longer means next day delivery....but sometime in the future...usually 2 or 3 days later.

mark winstanley likes this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've had pre orders months in advance, and have never had this happen. Also, for a few pennies more, I choose Expedited shipping, and instead of going on tour, my purchase comes straight to me.

12. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If I can get the instant download in advance of CD delivery, as Amazon does for most purchases, that is where I go.

13. marmil

marmil It's such a long story...

That's been my experience as well. And you usually can't beat their prices (and if you, it's not by much).

905 and mark winstanley like this.
  14. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Dusty Groove!

Dan Steele and Veni Vidi Vici like this.
  15. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

yea, i have had stuff come later than expected, but at the end of the day, if it hasn't been sent by the supplier, you can't send it out .... I guess having worked in a lot of storerooms i understand the problem

lightbulb likes this.
  16. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Amazon & Ebay are my go-to's......

17. Droogmeister

Droogmeister Welcome to the Atrocity Exhibition

I'm in the UK and have experienced Amazon pre order issues myself, only on 2 occassions though. On release day I received an email saying the item was not in stock and they didn't know if or when new stock would be available, incredibly frustrating and resulting in me paying over the odds to an Ebay shark as both albums in question weren't available elsewhere.

18. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds or Bull Moose for vinyl, as I like their packaging. Haven't received any damaged vinyl or sleeves from them so far.

longdist01 and Myke like this.
  19. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

Deepdiscount seems to take forever to ship. I dont recommend them.

20. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

My only issue with Amazon is for in-print items on backorder that they say "may take 2 or 3 weeks," but which never arrive and are ultimately canceled. Happened 3 times to me.

I don't pre-order anything, so I have no experience on that front.

Mechanical Man likes this.
  21. I second Bullmoose music. Very dependable and competitive pricing.

longdist01 and Myke like this.
  22. I’ve had excellent experiences with importcds. I just placed my first order with bull moose based on forum feedback here.

23. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

I almost always order online directly from the artist's website (or web store or whatever you want to call it).

24. Brian Barker

Brian Barker "No matter where you go, there you are"

I like Amazon. They've always shipped my stuff in good packaging, usually a typical mailer inside another box. Returns are easy when there's a problem, and they do try to help when they can. It's not always perfect but then what is? I had ordered the new reissue of Garbage's Version 2.0, preordered it a few weeks ago. I get the dreaded "we need a little more time to give you a delivery estimate", notice on release day. I did an online chat with them about it, told the person last time I ordered and got the message, my order was cancelled and now it would cost about 4 times the price that I had ordered through them, while I could have ordered it from another store and received the album, if I had ordered from another store. The guy apologized and said I could order from any of the third party sellers and they'd credit me the difference.

That being said, I do enjoy ordering from Bullmoose.

MikeInFla and Lost In The Flood like this.
  25. jomo48

jomo48 Forum Resident

Bluebeatmusic.com is a terrific specialty site. Prompt, personal service and an unmatched selection of vintage and contemporary blues and r&b.

gd0 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.