I'm loving the recent Sinatra live releases. Hope there are more coming along in the future.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Solg, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solg

Solg Active Member Thread Starter

Frank Sinatra's World On A String and Standing Room Only are wonderful, as are the live sets of New York, Las Vegas, and London that we got a few years earlier.

I sure hope we are blessed to have a few more releases like these. I know there are no unreleased studio songs remaining at all, with the possible exception of some fragments or incomplete tracks which would really not offer us any true enjoyment. But I am certain that there are more live shows out there.

The Jerusalem Concert of the mid 70s was very good. It was released officially in some limited way but would be welcomed as a new release. I'm sure there are lots more too.

Greenalishi and MichaelM like this.
  2. sinatrapicturefan

sinatrapicturefan Forum Resident

I agree. There are other unreleased live recordings from the Sands in 1963-1964 which have not been released, including performances with Count Basie the year before they recorded the Sinatra at the Sands album. The White House performance in 1973 also deserves to be remastered and released both on CD and DVD. In fact, perhaps a "Sinatra At the White House" CD/DVD package could be produced since his performance with Perry Como there was also professionally recorded.

3. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Yes I hope their will be box-sets of unreleased broadcasts, concerts, and studio session work.

I wish to gawd the Sinatra organization would get off its collective ass and release the ABC studio sessions for the 1952 radio program To Be Perfectly Frank. These 72-odd songs, recorded with a small combo led by piano player Bill Miller, are the transition music that led to his first Capitol recordings. Previously the songs were only released on public domain CD's and bootlegs, but now there's a a three-song sample from them at the end of A Voice On Air. They're some of the best studio recordings Sinatra ever made, and include several songs and arrangements that appear nowhere else. It's like a missing link in his recording history. Now that the Sinatra organization has them, why haven't they done anything with them. Three songs is all we get. Their refusal to act on this or even to address it just baffles me.

Dave Garrett, via_atx and spindly like this.
  4. spindly

spindly Forum Resident

Some of my very favorite Sinatra stuff!

5. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.