I'm rewatching "Stargate SG-1." I love Sam!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I'm rewatching "Stargate SG-1" on Netflix. Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter USAF; such a great part for such a talented actor.. amanda tapping reduced.jpg

MikeMusic and hubertfarnsworth like this.
  2. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Retired Son

I saw your Twitter post and agree. My wife and I had never seen SG-1, and just finished the series on Netflix. We both enjoyed it a lot. It is good sci-fi with great characters. It also manages to add humor and not take itself seriously.

The Samantha Carter character is great and was from the start of the series. You really care about her and hope she succeeds. Her interactions with all the other characters is very well done also. Amanda Tapping did a great job.

My wife and I laughed ever time she said, "I've got an idea."

Steve Hoffman likes this.
  3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

When the script really lets her loose (like when her twin came through the mirror with long blonde hair) she really gives it her all. Totally convincing as a broken hearted person who just lost her husband. I really felt for her...

4. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Really one of the best female charterers we've had on TV...I'm slowly making my way back though this (currently early into S2) after re-watching SGU (my favorite of the Stargate series.) I've already done two viewings of Atlantis.

If you love Amanda you should also check out the excellent Sanctuary (which ran for 4 seasons) and she is also an occasional guest star and director on the equally excellent Travelers (3 seasons on Netflix) which was created by Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and SGU co-creator Brad Wright.

5. The Blu-rays are upscaled but are a superior viewing experience (even though the DNR is very heavy handed in the early seasons). Amanda Tapping is a terrific actress and director. She also is terrific in her character arc in “Travelers”.

Curveboy likes this.
  6. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

She was the best thing about the series.
    Great show!

7. I dunno I liked most of the cast and Richard DeanAnderson was a hoot when he was in his sarcastic mode.

8. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

great series and great actress. She's certainly easy on the eyes as a bonus too. I have fond memories watching this show. I was a fan of the movie but the show IS Stargate to me. Richard Dean Anderson without the MacGyver mullet was a bit of a shock when I first saw him. :D

9. Ste_S

Ste_S Forum Resident

The death of Cliff Simon (Baal) prompted a re-watch of SG1 and Atlantis, which I very much enjoyed. The ‘knowing’ humour of the shows elevates them above some of their contemporaries.

Now Amazon has brought MGM (which includes the Stargate franchise), hopefully they can do something new with the properties.

Curveboy and David Campbell like this.
  10. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

There were rumors of a new Stargate movie in the works before the Pandemic and apparently the idea was to get Kurt Russel and James Spader back as Their characters and ignore the various series and continue from the first film, but i haven't seen any new news about it. While I don't know how I feel about all of that continuity being thrown away, I can sort of understand why a fresh start based on the original concept is attractive. It might actually be Interesting. The series had obviously run its course, and I doubt any of the original series stars want to return at this point, so maybe it would be for the best.

11. MikeMusic

MikeMusic Forum Resident

The time approaches when we will watch the whole lot again.
    One of the best ever Scifi series going

Curveboy likes this.
  12. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

“I was at your memorial service on the lawn of the White House. I understand you are an extraordinary person in whatever timeline you are in.” General Hank Landry. “Stargaze Continuum”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.