import fees deposit amazon.uk to canada - the party is over

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by polchik, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polchik

polchik Forum Resident Thread Starter

well, it seems amazon.co.uk, like amazon.com before it, has finally implemented the same 'import duties fee' (on checkout) effectively killing a lot of my desire to order from them, since 95% of everything i've ordered from them had arrived unscathed by customs …..

i pretty much stopped purchasing from amazon.com too, for that very reason. it all used to arrive under the customs radar, which i admit was much better when our dollar was close to par ...

i don't know how long this change has been in effect, but the last time i ordered from amaz.uk (in the summer i guess), it was definitely not there.

what
    a
    drag.

the end.

2. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I got charged customs fees from an order I made from Amazon.ca the other week!! The third party seller (moviemars) had incorrectly marked the package as shipped from .com rather than .ca!

They have agreed to refund the fees, but I'm awaiting the refund being processed.

tmtomh likes this.
  3. polchik

polchik Forum Resident Thread Starter

that's cool. marketplace is still a decent alternative for cheaper prices and 99% of the time no customs fees (from foreign sellers). i just ordered an EU pressing (from uk seller) of a mazzy star reissue, via amaz.ca marketplace … which was ultimately cheaper than ordering that particular pressing direct from amaz.uk ……. so there are at least still some other ways to get decent prices on items not sold in canada. the version sold on amaz.ca was the US pressing, but seeing that the seller (who advertised under this item's page) was from the UK, i would expect the actual EU pressing to be shipped.

4. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

It doesn't help that amazon add the shipping price to the customs total.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Ah that sucks I haven't bought from them since early summer so hadn't noticed any change. Sometimes their price is still low enough to be cheaper even with the taxes added but that not always so I think this change will kill most of my purchases from co.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.